Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is Missing or Damaged

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I am struggling a fair amount with this issue. I am using the Adobe Photography Plan (20GB).

Every few days I consistently receive the error message: "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged." I am able to use Lightroom/Photoshop fine per se but when this error message appears the programmes appear as if I have never used them before and I have to update my catalogues and reinstall any presets. I have also lost a few of my own presets due to this happening.

This issue is mentioned in the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html#sa_src=web-messagin...

So far I have tried all four suggested solutions on this link as well as contact Adobe live chat several times about the problem. Each suggestion has seemingly solved the problem temporarily but this message keeps re-occuring.

Does anybody have any experience with a similar issue, and/or any new ideas on how to potentially solve it?

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

TimWilson, I am sorry that the installation of the Creative Cloud desktop app continues to be damaged.  The error is occurring because files on the computer are unexpectedly removed, modified, or changed.

Please review the settings for any installed security, optimization, or system utilities for your next steps. Anything that has the ability to move or change files on the computer periodically is a suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TimWilson, I am sorry that the installation of the Creative Cloud desktop app continues to be damaged.  The error is occurring because files on the computer are unexpectedly removed, modified, or changed.

Please review the settings for any installed security, optimization, or system utilities for your next steps. Anything that has the ability to move or change files on the computer periodically is a suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there,

Thank you for this input - so far we seem to have solved the problem. I
feel like if it crops up again I'll know what to do.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines