• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is not functioning (with Catalina Beta)

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which community to post this to since this seems to be a systemwide problem. Yesterday the CC apps completely stopped working for me. Photoshop can't update the canvas when anything is changed and will quit after a few seconds. Illustrator displays a red, broken screen and is completely unusable. After Effects continually displays the message "Unspecified Draw Error."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling each individual app. I've tried uninstalling the entire suite and then using the CC Cleaning Tool. I've tried updating my system software. I've tried going into the Mac Application Support folders and removing all traces of CC, then reinstalling but the problem persists.

The only thing that I can think of is that the errors may be related to my OS, which is now macOS Catalina Version 10.15 Beta (19A573a). I just updated to this today to try and address the issue. However, the entire CC suite worked fine on the previous version until yesterday, when it broke.

Adobe Support hasn't been very helpful, I understand that it's not supported on a beta operating system but they won't even give me any common tips.

Does anyone else have/know how to fix this issue?

[Subject Line edited to include Catalina Beta by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the forum we don't have any "common tips" for Catalina yet.

The red screen points to issues with the GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hardware may not be working well with catalina:

Illustrator - command E to toggle preview and GPU preview mode

Photoshop - uncheck open GL & restart photoshop to take effect

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 9.39.36 AM.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook updated automatically to the new beta as well and I can't open Adobe XD. I am going nuts trying to find a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open any Adobe program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, when Apple creates a new operating system (or Microsoft automatically runs its Windows 10 updates) they expect that the software companies will adapt to them. They do not make allowances for software that they consider "third-party". That is why the yearly Creative Cloud releases always happen after the latest Apple release comes out. It gives Adobe a chance to adapt the software to be compatible with the OS. It is also true that if a particular problem happens to enough people using Creative Cloud apps that Apple will issue a bug fix but many times that doesn't happen until after the official release of the new OS not during the beta period. As I undearstand it, Catalina is a major change from what has come before in that it is far less tolerant of older software than any OS that has come before. That fact has been well publicized and should actually be a warning to all that Catalina should not as yet be installed on any computer that is "mission critical" to your business or personal use. There is little anybody can offer as a fix for the problem you are facing other than to wipe your hard drive and reinstall an earlier OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe and Brandon,

I am extremely sorry about the issues you are facing with multiple applications. It's true that we beta versions are testing builds and may cause unwated issues and any attempts to troubleshoot the applications could result in them becoming completely unusable, however, here few simple tips and tricks which you can try:

As you facing issues with multiple applications, I am moving this discussion to Get Started community so that you can get some help from installation experts as well.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the replies. Unfortunately, nothing helped, so I installed Windows as a second partition. But thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should NOT allow Catalina to install until Adobe has finished updating programs

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 100% my exact situation dude. I am having the same isses, and did every single thing you did, not to mention adobe customer service was absolutely horrid.

As of right now, I think it's Catelina. I'm going back to Mojavi to see if it works better

I'll update this post afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, I'll be interested to hear what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm back on Mohavi, and CC is definately running better. I wouldn't reccomend anyone updating to catalina yet if they are Adobe users, My entire CC was unresponsive, and my apps were extremely slow.

None of the Adobe trouble shooting works for this issue. I hope others (especailly graphic designers) see this,

IF YOU UPDATE TO CATALINA, YOUR CC WILL DIE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install windows lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines