• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud keeps restarting so can't download trial CC app

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, i7 processor, 256GB SSD, download speed currently between 30 and 40 Mbits/second.

When I try to download InDesign trial it gets to 25 or 30% complete and Creative Cloud downloader restarts, killing the download. I get this message:

I can't uninstall and reinstall because it refuses to uninstall, saying I have apps that require it. Perhaps this is because I am on a 30-day trial of Adobe Framemaker 2015. I assume even if I purchased CC, I wouldn't be able to install it. When I try to reinstall it, it just starts up the already installed Creative Cloud app.

What do do?

Thanks. -- Steve Zaslaw

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Moving to Creative Cloud Download & Install​

Hi Stephen,

Please follow the steps below:

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud application from Control Panel.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including the desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

use the desktop app to install your apps and trials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support remotel desktop for a few hours and they couldn't fix it. Funny. This is a new Windows 10 machine with plenty horsepower, so maybe I won't be able to do CC. An I alone out here or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KvV2e schrieb:

Adobe support remotel desktop for a few hours and they couldn't fix it. Funny. This is a new Windows 10 machine with plenty horsepower, so maybe I won't be able to do CC. An I alone out here or what?

lol.. you really wasted your time with some people who read 0815 solution from a book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that, apparently, you can't install CC when  you have a trial version of FrameMaker 2015 running, or so someone there told me. In any case, if  you could just uninstall from Windows Remove Program, that would have solved it. You also can't uninstall with the Adobe uninstaller. However, there is AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool which did solve most of the problems but FrameMaker wouldn't run. I did get it eventually to run after dome re-installs, and decided it was probably great for long  documents that need to stay consistent, but I do multicolumn newsletters with text frames (blocks) that may continue on the same or another page, and I found the product too rigid. I can't uninstall the framemaker, even the CloudCleaner doesn't work for that, and I'm certainly not sure what libraries to delete since after some cleaning with the CloudCleaner yesterday, I had to reinstall Acrobat 8. I also depend on Dreamweaver CS6.

Anyway, what a nightmare. Good thing I had restore points. I even had to restore a directory containing a .dll to get Acrobat running. Another think is that these wild-ass techs, although they are exceeding polite, don't create a restore point before spending hours mucking behind the scenes and when they can't solve he problem they disappear and leave you in the lurch. At least that's what happened the first remote session. I was foolish enough to try it again and this time the remote connection died after the tech told me to reboot; he didn't call me; and I decided enough was enough.

I don't think they've worked out all the bugs in their wonderful licensing model, and I've decided to go elsewhere since, literally, this has been a pain in the neck. It's aching now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Creative Cloud Download & Install​

Hi Stephen,

Please follow the steps below:

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud application from Control Panel.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Click on the blow link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the installation is completed, double click on Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop.

It will start update process and gets updated to Creative Cloud application .

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^^^ THESE STEPS DO *NOT* FIX THE 'CREATIVE CLOUD RESTARTING' PROBLEM!!! Why do y'all keep copying & pasting the SAME instructions when they don't even work? And why is the forum question then marked  as "Answered" even though the OP and others are still asking how to fix the same issue?!? And why are we PAYING Adobe for this frustration?!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. I have two systems that are identical to each other and on the same internet connection. Each has their own adobe logins. One is fine and the other reboot every few minutes and eventually CC crashes. Ran threw all of the fixes that have been posted and nothing helps. These are both windows 10 systems with i5s, Nvidia cards and 16g of ram. The only difference is the computer with the issue has Quick books on it.  I have an IT background although I don't do it anymore for a living. So I scrubbed the system of adobe anything including the registry, files, IDs and DLLs. Started over with a fresh install which worked ......Until I rebooted......... And it still has the same issue. I'm guessing it's a hardware conflict that Adobe hasn't ever bothered to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines