• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud needs to be repaired after every computer restart

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this issue a few times in the community and none of the answers seem to work for macs.

At every restart of the system my creative cloud demands to be fixed, and this is happening to all four of us in the graphic department.   We don't understand how to fix this issue,  does anybody know how to fix this, and please do not point to another post that seesm to have the answer, they don't work or they are talking about PCs and not Macs.

Thanks,
Andre

image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) is corrupting your cc files.

you can also read here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm experiencing the same issue. Tried to repair, still not working.

It's just a guess but I think it has something to do with the "fr" locale, though you are located in Canada and I'm in France. Indeed two days, ago, the CC app was unable to download the Photoshop update, but only when using an "fr" locale. And today, the whole CC app is crashing, that can't be coincidence.

For the moment, I think we need to wait a bit and see if an update of the CC app fixes the issue. To be honest I don't think it's an issue on our computers, my guess is there's been a change on Adobe side (URL, server, whatever) and the "fr" locale is broken.

Perhaps it's worth trying in English?

Let's keep in touch - if it works again on my computer I'll update you.

Cheers,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a fr user this am (pacific coast usa time) reported that they were able to install ps 22.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "ps22.4", please?  I am having the same recurring problem on my Mac since I  installed Creative Cloud two weeks ago.  It is so annoying.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8fcv3ulhxktjym/Screen%20Shot%202021-05-14%20at%2011.10.12%20AM.png?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps 22.4 = photoshop version 22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sure, I've been able to update too yesterday evening. But before that it's been broken for two or three days. And right after this fix, the CC app is now broken? Looks like a possible side effect to me.

On my computer I can see that the CC app is not able to connect to my cloud storage. It's trying for a few minute then I get the pop up asking to repair the app.

Let's wait a bit for a fix?

Cheers,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Même chose creative cloud apparaît en erreur et impossible de mettre à jour Ps 

impossible de contacter le support cela indique qu'il sont fermés !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're trying to contact adobe support, use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1621513293465.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

The difference (only _fr at the end of the URL since I use a french version).

Jean-Pascal5C81_0-1621401539524.png

I tryied to reboot, disable the antivirus, reinstall CC, unsinstall CC and then reinstall....

(basically all the steps recommanded on https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html).

I am a little disappointed and hope that a new release will fix the bug.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai un problème similaire depuis ce matin. J'ai un Mac avec Mac OS 10.14.6

CC n'arrête pas de me demander à être réparé. Je ne peux pas me déconnecter.

J'en suis à mon  10e téléchargement de l'application. J'ai rebooté en Admin. Cela ne marche pas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tout Pareil, la désinstallation ne fonctionne pas : ça me dit qu'une application utilise creative cloud alors que j'ai tout quitté… j'ai tenté une réinstallation depuis l'application creative cloud téléchargée sur le site d'Adobe: sans succès. Conclusion on ne peut ni désinstaller ni réinstaller que quitter ce qui est satisafaisant que si on n'a pas besoin du creative cloud . Il n'y a plus qu'à attendre qu'Adobe résolve le problème…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idem... je pense qu'il faut patienter quelques jours avant de tout désinstaller / réinstaller, j'ai plutôt l'impression que c'est cassé côté serveur Adobe.

Sur ma machine, dans l'app CC, c'est la vérification du stockage cloud qui échoue, alors qu'elle fonctionne dans Photoshop. Comme ça n'a l'air de toucher que l'app en français, et que déjà la semaine dernière la mise à jour Photoshop n'était cassée qu'en français, je mise sur une erreur côté Adobe.

Je propose d'attendre un peu si vos apps fonctionnent avant de tout désinstaller, possible que ça se répare tout seul...

A bientôt,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to you all. 

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os

for windows computers:
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

For the moment I went up to the "Repair" step, without success.

And I'll wait before I try the next one because I'm absolutely not in the mood of uninstalling / reinstalling all my apps and preferences, especially because they still work and I don't want to end in a situation where the failing CC app prevents me from reinstalling the other apps. Pretty sure something can fix that in the next update, exactly like for the PS update last week. We will see then...

Cheers,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Update for me:

Adobe (online assistance solved the problem with the CC cleaner tool (clean and then reinstall - CC = Creative Cloud, not the windows tool)

CC cleaner  link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

CC direct installer link: https://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/CCD/5_4_5/osx10/ACCCx5_4_5_550.dmg

Hope that it will work for you. 

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to anyone that's going to reinstall, follow the steps in my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again 🙂

On my computer, it seems the CC app is unable to retrieve the information about the cloud storage.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-19 à 17.31.04.png

Mine is in French but it keeps saying "Retrieving cloud storage data". This data work fine in Photoshop, for instance.

I also noticed that the "Open sync folder" menu doesn't work. I'll dig a bit around that part.

Cheers,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Nothing more done on my side, but I'm just back home so I ran the CC app and it works fine 🙂

When there's been nothing new on your computer and suddenly an app goes wrong, usually the solution is not on the computer - thanks for the fix Adobe (but please, start testing the french versions too, two failures in a row over the past two weeks are bit too many, I think...).

Cheers,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Didier,

Same here. Best option was certainly to wait a little bit... before to reset, clean, uninstall, reinstall... 

(Mais c'est vrai que c'était devenu un peu pénible ces derniers jours, ces màj qui se fonctionne pas et l'application CC qui plante et bloque tout.)

Didier (aussi)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui, c'est à 2 doigts d'être agaçant. La mise à jour PS, on peut vivre sans, l'app CC, on peut vivre sans, mais quand mon PS a commencé à dire qu'il lui fallait CC pour fonctionner, c'est devenu bloquant.

Heureusement que je n'ai pas un usage pro et que je peux attendre une journée et faire autre chose...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really a fix, but I have the same problem. Every time I reboot I have to repair Adobe Creative Cloud. I found out that if I just reboot again, I do not have to repair it. It will work fine until I reboot again. Then instead of repairing it, I have to reboot my computer again. Basically, I have to reboot twice in order for Adobe Creative cloud to work without having to repair it. It is ridiculous to have to reboot twice in order for an app to work, but that is my solution. I hope that it works for you. I wish we could just use the Adobe products without the creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use adobe subscription programs without using the cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to try this fix. I've tried every other one listed in the multiple threads on Adobe Community about this issue. What has NOT worked:

- A restart

- A shut down/restart

- Deleting all the Adobe Creative Cloud apps, prefs, and other stuff stored in Libraries and reinstalling

- Making sure no antivirus or defrag or other utility is running in the background

- The Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool

I'm so frustrated to keep reading the advice posted here and elsewhere that this problem lies with the users' devices. At some point, Adobe out to be working whatever this problem is out within their own software. To keep paying $700.00 per year for software that flat-out does not work properly is just not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines