• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on 2 personal computers

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a Creative Cloud plan, but I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. Can on account run on both computers??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all the installations you might have, only two of them can be in an activate state (signed in).  Of those two active machines you can only use the subscription software on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shanglad, that's a good question. Lightroom isn’t designed for multi-computer or network use, however this article gives a good overview of the options you have if you want to use it that way:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-to-lightroom-catalog-multiple-computers/

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a question sort of related to this, I have an InDesign subscription, do I have to buy another subscription to use InDesign Mobile or can I use my current subscription on my Ipad

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's mobile apps are free for all users, no paid subscription is required and you don't need a separate license. The only caveat is that some functions may be limited or not available if you're not a Creative Cloud subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Is that for a "Single Plan" use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I download Creative Cloud to my Mac and Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use the software I download from Creative Cloud on more than one machine?

Yes. You can download and install Creative Cloud desktop applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system. However, activation is limited to two machines per individual associated with the membership, and you may not use the software on these devices simultaneously.

See the terms of use for more information. Learn how to deactivate a Creative Cloud license on a machine.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely misleading. According to the CC software licence (which may or may not be the text Adobe intended to publish), you can install on two computers, and activate on two computers, but you may not use both installations at the same time. It's high time that Adobe cleared up this excursion into cloud-cuckoo land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ ecr1inf...

Your comment is rather interesting since there may be times I need a program such as Lightroom open on two systems at the same time. EX: I have my laptop running with my camera tethered to it, then I take a shot from the laptop to my desktop to see if a certain editing will work. I certainly don't want to shut down and boot up both systems back and forth, But then again, how would Adobe know if I had Lightroom running offline on my laptop?

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont' know how Adobe would know... and I don't know if they would care much if they did know, this sort of usage does not seem to menace their existence. But companies employ lawyers, and one in a while they like to get busy.

AB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A followup question: is the two-computer limit applied to the Creative Cloud installation, or to the specific app? I have three computers: a desktop, a large laptop, and a small laptop. I would only use the desktop and the large laptop for programs like Photoshop and Dreamweaver, but would never use the desktop for Acrobat while I'd use Acroboat on both laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that such "un-bundling" is not allowed.  You don't have to install all the apps, of course, but you can install apps from your subscription on a maximum of two computers at once.  You could have your Photoshop and Acrobat on one computer, Premiere Pro and Acrobat on a second.  But Photoshop on one, Premiere on a second, and Acrobat on a third would be a no-no on one subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve is correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the ipad considered a "2nd computer"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad's don't count, only a computer or virtual versions of an operating system like a vmware image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we able to pay a smaller upgrade price for a third device? As I have two PCs and a laptop I would require it on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharma,

I am using OS 10.9.5 and can NOT install either the CC App manager or any of my apps on my second computer. When I click on the CC Icon in my menu bar, there is only a spinning clock THAT NEVER STOPS making downloading or even quitting the app impossible. I have spent many hours trying to solve this problem. Is there anyone or any place at Adobe I can find a solution to my problem?

If it is solved, can you run the same app on two machines at the same time or not? Adobe has two answers to this question: no on the web site and yes in this forum.

I've already paid, now I would like my apps.

Thanks for your reply,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay the monthly for just Photoshop and I cannot do any work from home. I use my work pc for most all of my projects for school. So I figured a subscription to just what I needed would be on more than one computer. Well no it isn't. Am I doing something wrong?

h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install PS on more than two pc's, but you can only be logged into the creative cloud on two PC's at a time.

This allows you to switch between more than two PC's if you want to.  For Lightroom, it seems to be different.  I have managed to install this on 3 PC's and they all seem to work.  But on a fourth PC it doesnt seem to work to install it, although this could be a network error.  In Lightroom you dont see an option to log out of creative cloud, so not sure how you can dissable it on one PC to allow it to be installed on another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone on this instructive stream. I have just bought a license which I have downloaded on to my Windows PC. I would appreciate advise about how to go about downloading a copy of the same license on my Windows laptop.

Thank you.

Best wishes for the holiday season

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking this question.  I also would like to know how to download on my laptop.  I can't find instructions.  Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got as CC license for myself.

I have to Imacs, one in the studio and another at home.

I installed the apps in my studio computer, but when I install them at home, the apps show as Trial!

Please help.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I just bought a new Mac Book Pro, signed up for the Photographer bundle and installed that on the Mac, then when I installed the same apps on my Windows desktop they show up as Trial. I launched Photoshop CC 2014 on the desktop, just to check it out, and it is as a trial, i.e. I have 30 days left. I installed them through the "Creative Cloud" desktop app, after I signed in.

On the FAQ it still states that these apps can be installed on up to two computers, regardless of the OS/system used.

How can I fix this so that both installations are recognized as full installations, not trials on the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just figured out how to handle this. See the following articles from Adobe's Support page:

Activation & Deactivation Help

Basically, you have to sign out of the application (it's under "Help") on your first computer (the one where you installed it first), start the app on the 2nd computer (with the "trial" installation) and sign in there, which should give you an option to activate the software.

If there are still problems, it could have to do with your internet connection, or such things as explained here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html

I'm now up and running on both computers using the above. I hope that this will help others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info.  I was able to reload both so no problems

anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES

Guys I do have same problem even it said I can use 2  devices

but i got problem after i already have license for one  (mac Pro retina at home)

and I need it for my Mac at workk placed too (iMac)
i do not understand why I have to add more subscription if I already have one  with the same email ????

pls help

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines