Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on Work and Home computers

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the company i work for has just signed up to 'Creative Cloud For Teams'. As I understand it from reading other posts we can install a backup of each user's seat. It would be very useful for employees to have Creative Cloud installed on their home computers, allowing them to work from home when required.

Just so i'm clear, are there any licensing issues when  Creative Cloud has been paid for by a company, in use on the company's computers, but also installed on an employees home computer that they personally own.

Is this permitted within the Adobe licensing agreement?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

No you can install the software on up to two computers per Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can install the software on up to two computers per Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff—got a related “work and home install” question, but kind of the inverse… I just started at a new place of employment recently, and want to know if I have already purchased a Creative Cloud subscription for myself (i.e. “home” is primary) am I then able to install it on the Mac I use at my new workplace for occasional use (“work” is secondary)?

Specifically to this point (and per your reply above), the wording under the “Purchasing and getting started” section on the Creative Cloud FAQ page simply says (emphasis mine):

You can install the desktop applications available in Creative Cloud on your primary computer and one backup computer, as long as they are not running at the same time. You will have access to both the Mac OS and Windows versions, so if you have a Mac at home and a PC at work, for instance, you can install your applications on both. See the product license agreements page for more information.

However, looking through the Creative Suite EULA PDF point 2.1.3 reads (emphasis also mine):

Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Section 2.1.4, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.1 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

So the Creative Suite EULA seems to say “work” must always be “primary”, and then “home” can be “backup”.

Does it make a difference? Does the CC FAQ override the CS EULA, or the other way around?

TL;DR… Can I use my own Creative Cloud “home” subscription at work?

Thanks for any clarification you may have…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XanderPlooy I would recommend reviewing http://forums.adobe.com/message/4379859#4379859?tstart=0http: as this topic has been discussed in detail.

As for if you can use your home subscription at work you will need to work with your company.  It will be dependent on if they allow you to install personal licenses of software on your work computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff—I actually had read through that 3-page thread first, and didn’t find the specific answer to the “reverse equation” (i.e. where “home” is primary and “work” is backup), and having found the above quoted point in the CS EULA I thought I’d try to seek more clarification.

So you’re saying using a “home” (primary) CC subscription at “work” (backup) is fine by Adobe, as long as it’s fine by my employer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can install it for your use on up to two computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks heaps for that—have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this work & home use still accurate in 2020?

And specifically, what if I work at a college with the CC for Education group licensing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any Adobe licenses, educational or otherwise, that do not qualify for the 2 seats per individual no matter what the usage type is, scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines