• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud password not recognized

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Application Manager icon in the top menu bar of my Mac disappeared. The old Adobe CS Update icon still existed, so I clicked on that. Up comes a message saying I have to update my Creative Cloud Application Manager, which then launches by itself. Unfortunately it no longer recognizes my password. So, I go to the Creative Cloud web page, try to log in and get the alert to change my password. Thinking this has something to do with the security breach, I create a new password and after the email confirmation I am able to log in. Great. Then I try to update the Creative Cloud Application Manager, but it still won't recognize my password. I've tried it multiple times, but no luck. What to do???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Davidp158 the password being requested during the installation process is for an administrator account.  If you enter the same password that you use to log into your computer you should be able to proceed with the installation. 

Once the installation is complete you will then be given the option to sign into your Creative Cloud Membership.

You can find more information regarding the installation and sign in process at Install and update apps - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the Application Manager from the Creative Suite downloads area, but it will also not recognize my password. Why can the Creative Suite web site recognize my password, but not the Application Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidp158 the password being requested during the installation process is for an administrator account.  If you enter the same password that you use to log into your computer you should be able to proceed with the installation. 

Once the installation is complete you will then be given the option to sign into your Creative Cloud Membership.

You can find more information regarding the installation and sign in process at Install and update apps - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - Thanks for the reply. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize the CC updater was asking for my MAC log in and password. The icon on the dialog box was the CC logo, so I presumed it wanted my Adobe password. Ack! Anyway, I got it to work, so thanks again for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome David.  Thanks for the update and happy to hear you were able to install your Adobe software successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old but Adobe still words the dialog VERY POORLY so that you think they are asking for their PW>

HEY ADOBE, YES I'M PURPOSELY TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN. STOP THE CONFUSION AND CHANGE THE DAMN DIALOG BOX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT IS NOT ADOBE"S DIALOGUE BOX... IT IS YOUR SYSTEM'S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Ned said.

Go to the Apple forum and tell Apple. It's an Apple OS X dialog box

change-admin-password-mac.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha. I just had the same problem and it just didn't occur to me that it's an Apple dialogue box. frustrating! I kept entering my Adobe PW.... Bad user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but tell Apple. There is no way for an app to control the password prompt, or replace it with their own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JESUS H CHRIST, first thank you Jeff Wright for the information that it is asking for my computer administrator password. Thank You very much.

This was a problem 8 years ago and still not solved?

Hey Adobe why not write "provide desktop administrator password" 

Better yet never require that password, or if you do don't maje it look like and Adobe request.

Maybe include "not adobe password"

- 6 Billion in cash reserves

- Cornered the photo editing market.

- Has a product that is now a verb, "photoshopped".

Can't figure this out out?

Oh and the Heal tool SUCKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irritating as it might be, this is the standard Mac/Windows prompt. Same as you get for almost every app you install. Put out by Mac/Windows when it wants to. It's as well to recognise it, so you aren't tricked by malware into giving passwords away.  There is nothing for Adobe to figure out or fix, this is what they must do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was a problem 8 years ago and still not solved?

Hey Adobe why not write "provide desktop administrator password" 

Better yet never require that password, or if you do don't maje it look like and Adobe request.

Maybe include "not adobe password"

@tcranley These comments overlook everything said in this discussion.

It's an Apple dialogue box generated by the Apple macOS operating system whenever you install any software on a Mac from any vendor. It's there to protect you from inadvertently installing malware.

It's for Apple to change it. Nothing to do with Adobe.

FYI, Windows has the same feature, known as User Account Control, which is is worded more clearly.

uac.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines