Highlighted

Creative Cloud "File Syncing" at 7 of 1292 for 12 hours

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had issues with Creative Cloud syncing taking over my machine for hours at a time -- high CPU and blocked processes in Explorer.  I had paused syncing a week or two ago (so I could actually get some work done), and un-paused syncing a couple days ago.  It now seems stuck at "file 7 of 1292" for no apparent reason.  I've rebooted, same thing happens.

I looked in Process Explorer for file handles open by Creative Cloud.exe - nothing on my 😧 drive, where my Creative Cloud folder is located... as well as all executables from Adobe.  Nothing is being opened on my 😧 drive... and there's no progress being made since yesterday at 6pm:

OldDesertLizard_0-1588857777991.png

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Ray - the Old Desert Lizard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud "File Syncing" at 7 of 1292 for 12 hours

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had issues with Creative Cloud syncing taking over my machine for hours at a time -- high CPU and blocked processes in Explorer.  I had paused syncing a week or two ago (so I could actually get some work done), and un-paused syncing a couple days ago.  It now seems stuck at "file 7 of 1292" for no apparent reason.  I've rebooted, same thing happens.

I looked in Process Explorer for file handles open by Creative Cloud.exe - nothing on my 😧 drive, where my Creative Cloud folder is located... as well as all executables from Adobe.  Nothing is being opened on my 😧 drive... and there's no progress being made since yesterday at 6pm:

OldDesertLizard_0-1588857777991.png

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Ray - the Old Desert Lizard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 1
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

move all the files out of your local sync folder to a safe location (so you can restore them later).  sync the empty folder with cc.  

if there's not problem, copy the moved files back to you local sync folder and retry sync'g.  if there's another hang, you have one or more problematic files: empty again, sync again and then methodically replace and sync until you can pinpoint the problematic files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 1