• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud RIP OFF [Locked]

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have purchased Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom.  Have paid for many upgrades.  I REFUSE to pay a monthly fee after already paying so much money.  Adobe blood suckers will not give any updates to CS6 even for a fee!  Have dropped Photoshop and moved on to Affinity Photo which improves constantly FOR FREE!  It's powerful even though you have to relearn things you once did in Photoshop.  Sick of getting ripped off.  Will keep Photoshop but will NEVER EVER pay a monthly fee.  Go Away Adobe thieves!  Your GREED is disgusting!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to pay a monthly fee if you're using CS6. There are also no new updates for CS6 available, because the software suite itself is legacy software and thus not supported by Adobe anymore.

We're speaking of a set of software that has been released 6 years ago. That's a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a CROCK!  Who cares how long it was released.  We paid a fortune for this software plus updates...so shove their rip off cloud up their asses.  We complain to our congressman and senators...sick of the greed of these companies...Give me back my $600 and then I will pay for the new rip off.  One day all these companies will be gone..you can't take your greed with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO company supports old programs forever

Microsoft did the same thing... The perfectly good MS Office 97 I owned stopped working (would not even install) when I moved from a WinXP computer to a Win7 computer

CS6 is old, and will NOT be updated for new hardware or operating systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a crock...it's not an old program.  Continue to update the program for which we paid a great deal of money plus upgrade fees.  This is just a way to rip people off...rent a program give me a break.  How many thousands will that cost over the years????  Just another way to rip the public off.  Government regulations is what is needed!  Affinity works just fine...the hell with Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're being stubborn and obnoxious—and it's quite clear you have no interest in a reasonable discussion... so why are you even posting here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's obnoxious to be disgusted by a mafia company intent of forcing people to be ripped off after they have already spent well over $1000 on their now "defunct" software....and I also complain to my congressman and senator about the greed of the monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your own words about Affinity show that you don't know what you are talking about... Adobe is NOT a monopoly

Be unhappy about Adobe's current Cloud subscriptions as you want, that does not change the fact that other companies (such as my Microsoft example) also stop supporting old programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Photoshop since early 2000's. Decided to subscribe to Adobe CC since I have found most Adobe products are well designed and powerful, especially when used in conjunction with 3rd party plugins. So I subscribe to the yearly photography plan, paid monthly...Have tried the new Photoshop elements, found it met my needs since it has many new feature...and it's on sale. Well Adobe, without making it clear, automatically renews a CC subscription every year at the date of the original subscription. I find that if I want to cancel (and I'm 25 days late of my renewal time instead of the 14 days they require cancellation within...I've got to pay immediately 1/2 of my years subscription costs to cancel. Nowhere was I notified my subscription was being renewed, Nowhere. The auto renewal is not able to be independently canceled without cancelling the CC subscription, from what I understand, and is more like "fine print" So what's my choice? I know what I will choose. To wait until I don't lose so much (1/2 of my subscription cost  upon cancellation penalty, and I will cancel forever.. I might buy a version of elements, don't use Lightroom much. Don't get me wrong I think Adobe's products are very good and have used many others ..but think their business practices are atrocious...and I too will not be a sucker to be trapped into a scenario I don't agree with.

There is a lot of feedback in the forums about this all. Adobe may be shooting itself in the foot with this, and creating a lot of work and explaining for it's employees and moderators, sometimes you can work out a deal from what I understand 'sometimes ' but why should we, or their own employees have to go through this, because of the intent of Adobe;s marketing division of wanting to trap us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>without making it clear, automatically renews

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

-LOTS of screen pics of the terms https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2589217 in reply #4

-Purchasing FAQ https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1926340

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep but nowhere are we notified of the upcoming auto renewal date, and we are supposed to remember that for a year??? Even if aware of auto renewal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madlights46  wrote

Yep but nowhere are we notified of the upcoming auto renewal date...

That's not true.  Your subscription status is posted online 24/7. 

Log-in to your Adobe Account.

Click Manage Plan for your auto renewal date.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know that, but Adobe 'could ' inform us by email that the subscription renewal is approaching as a courtesy, since many of us have a life outside of keeping tabs on CC, it's hard to remember to check every month. In fact I was almost sure it was coming up now (August) but was wrong. I'll probably keep CC going, at least for a while, and most likely purchase Elements on sale besides, And maybe use it on another Machine, I was going to perhaps cancel CC but missed the cut off point, by not checking. That's the only real criticism I've got,, that Adobe could inform us of when the renewal is coming up by email, or/and let us cancel auto renewals  (effective at the due date) without cancelling CC at the time. There is some talk I've read about people feeling trapped by this, by being surprised, or forgetting about the auto renewal, not everyone checks, and not everyone remembers if they are originally aware of such. That's all. OK it's my fault, but being a human being it's understandable. On one hand 'let the buyer beware ' but on the other hand a little consideration of the customer would hurt nothing.  From what I read on some photo forums there was some resistance, especially at first, to the leasing of Adobe products through CC and well it's a good deal " but ",, Just my opinion and don't really care who likes it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get lots of e-mails from Adobe (sometimes more than I care to).

Maybe you need to train your e-mail software to re-categorize messages from Adobe as non-spam or non-promotional.  Or maybe lighten up your spam filters.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do inform about auto renewals.

On the 17 of this month I received an email from Adobe telling me my Adobe CC subscription will auto renew on 17 August. Plus, as already mentioned in this thread, you can view your subscription and billing info 24/7 by logging into your account.

Be aware of your own subscriptions and accept the responsibility for yourself. If you don't want to subscribe anymore, unsubscribe, there may be a fee but that is all in the Terms and Conditions you agree to when you choose to subscribe.

Yes, Adobe CC is expensive but you get a lot of professional quality software for that price, they are tools for professionals.

nephties1 No software is supported for free forever, get your head out of the clouds (Creative Clouds, Ha), grow up. You purchased software, it has had updates, the software has since moved on and you have chosen to continue using the same software that has now become a legacy product and probably won't install on newer operating systems. You want to continue using it, fine, don't update your computers or system software, it should still continue to work,  and you won't have to pay any more either.  Stop whining!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set a reminder on your phone and enjoy your life outside of CC. Even that I get e-mail reminders I did set-up calendar events for important dates. It's great, it's easy and is basically for free.

And as said before: Adobe sends out mails reminding you of the upcoming renewal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madlights46  wrote

There is a lot of feedback in the forums about this all.

Yes, and a lot of wrong claims about all aspects of the conditions. Still, Adobe is successful in what they do and their approach is highly appreciated by a lot of users ​not​ posting their satisfaction.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right Abambo​ people are often quick to complain, how many millions of people use Adobe Creative Cloud to make their living and are happy? Most of them I expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There’s no alternative!! From a perfectly fine arrangement of purchasing Adobe apps with a serial number outright has now vanished.

Leaving a ‘Cloud’ based system which is  biased towards Adobe (instead of it being neutral).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines