• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new PC recently (Windows 10), and am trying to install the Creative Cloud desktop app, however when I run the setup it stays at 1% initializing installer, and then after ten minutes or so it starts installing it. Once it finishes it launches, and the spinning wheel keeps going until finally it says "Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize. To fix this, relaunch Creative Cloud by clicking here, or restart your computer and try again." After a bit longer it changes to "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from "http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'." If I run the repair the same thing goes again. I've tried running the cleanup tool, disabling firewalls, running as administrator, and the other fixes people have mentioned, but the error persists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

It shud work on Windows 10.

Try with below steps:

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud .

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Or Use Adobe Cleaner tool.

Disable Firewall Temporarily. ( Optional )

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**impor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the problem happening after those fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did live chat, but wasn't much help. Screenshared, and he did the same fixes listed above & continued to have the same errors. The rep then went silent for over 25 minutes so I ended the session.

I've had creative cloud on my old PC which used Windows 7 so I might just have to downgrade, from looking at other posts seems Antimalware Executable Service could be the issue which is from windows defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shud work on Windows 10.

Try with below steps:

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud .

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Or Use Adobe Cleaner tool.

Disable Firewall Temporarily. ( Optional )

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check.

http://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/ACCCx4_4_1_298.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAT IN ORDER TO HAVE THE PDF EDITOR THAT I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CREATIVE CLOUD THING. WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE THE APP I NEED THAT IS NOT GETTING ERRORS. THE ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD KEEPS COMING UP WITH ERRORS SAYING IT TAKING LONGER THEN USUAL AND TO RELAUNCH OR REINSTALL. I HAVE DONE BOTH AND SAME PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DON'T LIKE BEING FORCED TO HAVE HAVE THIS OTHER PRODUCT I DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND SAME THING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the exact error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my god it helped!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!!!:D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME AND NOTHING ELSE DID:  Windows (I don't know the Mac equiv), Run the creative cloud app as Administrator.  To do this, you can right click on the shortcut and select Run As Administrator, or you can go into the shortcut icon properties and under the compatibility tab use the Run as Administrator checkbox.   THIS IS AN OLD BUG ADOBE TOOK YEARS TO FIX AND APPEARS TO BE REINTRODUCED.   If they take just as long to fix it this time, we should be looking at 2026 and can look forward to about 3 years of operation before they screw it up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then you have to run CC manually everytime you start your computer I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ftry resetting the cc app: To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:))) Damn, this worked for me. I tried for few hours before different methods as I didn't imagine something this simple could solve it. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I finally found a solution Try running Creative Cloud app as an admin. It Helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same issue but running it as an admin didn't solve it. I'm on an Asus Zenbook and the issue persists. I did the live chat but after 3 hours of the technicians trying to solve didn't result.
My final conclusion: WTH Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app: make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.

update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me was disabling the "Device Association Service".

Besides Creative Cloud not working, my task manager was also locking up.  Once I disabled the Device Association Servic both started working again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the most common fixes:
- Clean your cache and temp folder files

- Update your OS and then clean cache and temp files

- Switch to a MacBook )))

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over 5 years later and it's still happening. I have tried everything, first the repair tool and then a reinstall. I even had an Adobe technician remotely go under the hood and mess with my Windows C++ installations and it's still happening. The only next step I can think of is to reset my PC and, if that doesn't work, I'll have to cancel the subscription because there's no point in paying for something that doesn't work!

In fact, I should be charging Adobe for all the time this has cost me !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's still happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the post that I first ran into kglad's help outline, but I will say that it is thorough and I've seen others say it got them through this.

I was having this issue today and in the end it was either Sophos Home Premium or Malwarebytes free version that was blocking the ACC from completely downloading. The download would proceded to about 60%, then start the Initializing Creative Could routine, which would end with saying Creative Cloud was missing. After disabling the antivrus applications, the Creative Cloud download progressed all the way to 100%, then immediatedly launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was occurring on a M1 Mac with MacOS 13.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines