Highlighted

Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new PC recently (Windows 10), and am trying to install the Creative Cloud desktop app, however when I run the setup it stays at 1% initializing installer, and then after ten minutes or so it starts installing it. Once it finishes it launches, and the spinning wheel keeps going until finally it says "Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize. To fix this, relaunch Creative Cloud by clicking here, or restart your computer and try again." After a bit longer it changes to "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from "http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'." If I run the repair the same thing goes again. I've tried running the cleanup tool, disabling firewalls, running as administrator, and the other fixes people have mentioned, but the error persists.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Brucgovn | Adobe Community Professional

It shud work on Windows 10.

Try with below steps:

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud .

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

Or Use Adobe Cleaner tool.

Disable Firewall Temporarily. ( Optional )

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check.

http://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/ACCCx4_4_1_298.zip

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new PC recently (Windows 10), and am trying to install the Creative Cloud desktop app, however when I run the setup it stays at 1% initializing installer, and then after ten minutes or so it starts installing it. Once it finishes it launches, and the spinning wheel keeps going until finally it says "Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize. To fix this, relaunch Creative Cloud by clicking here, or restart your computer and try again." After a bit longer it changes to "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from "http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'." If I run the repair the same thing goes again. I've tried running the cleanup tool, disabling firewalls, running as administrator, and the other fixes people have mentioned, but the error persists.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Brucgovn | Adobe Community Professional

Try with below steps:

Step 1 :

Step 2:

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

appdata

Step 4 :

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 24, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the problem happening after those fixes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 0
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did live chat, but wasn't much help. Screenshared, and he did the same fixes listed above & continued to have the same errors. The rep then went silent for over 25 minutes so I ended the session.

I've had creative cloud on my old PC which used Windows 7 so I might just have to downgrade, from looking at other posts seems Antimalware Executable Service could be the issue which is from windows defender.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 0
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with below steps:

Step 1 :

Step 2:

Step 3 :

appdata

Step 4 :

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME AND NOTHING ELSE DID:  Windows (I don't know the Mac equiv), Run the creative cloud app as Administrator.  To do this, you can right click on the shortcut and select Run As Administrator, or you can go into the shortcut icon properties and under the compatibility tab use the Run as Administrator checkbox.   THIS IS AN OLD BUG ADOBE TOOK YEARS TO FIX AND APPEARS TO BE REINTRODUCED.   If they take just as long to fix it this time, we should be looking at 2026 and can look forward to about 3 years of operation before they screw it up again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0