Highlighted

Creative Cloud slowing Mac to crawl - what daemons to deactivate?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally in frustration with Creative Cloud sucking the life out of my Mac, I did an entire reformat and reinstall of the operating system and updated to Catalina. Then, I deactivated all the Adobe daemons I could find. My Mac's operating speed dramatically improved.

That was a couple of month's ago. This morning, I updated Creative Cloud. Now I am back to the slow, slow Mac. However, I cannot remember exactly which daemons I removed, and where they were.

Has anyone come up with a clear list of what to deactivate in order to prevent the sluggish Mac performance?

Thanks,

Charlie

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud slowing Mac to crawl - what daemons to deactivate?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally in frustration with Creative Cloud sucking the life out of my Mac, I did an entire reformat and reinstall of the operating system and updated to Catalina. Then, I deactivated all the Adobe daemons I could find. My Mac's operating speed dramatically improved.

That was a couple of month's ago. This morning, I updated Creative Cloud. Now I am back to the slow, slow Mac. However, I cannot remember exactly which daemons I removed, and where they were.

Has anyone come up with a clear list of what to deactivate in order to prevent the sluggish Mac performance?

Thanks,

Charlie

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really shouldn't de-activate anything.

• Disable automatic app updates and notifications in your in Creative Cloud desktop app (gear icon).
  • Tell your operating system not to launch CC on start-up.
  • And quit CC desktop app when not in use.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2020 0