• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription and money was taken out of my account so I know it is paid. help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

If you use Photoshop at all, you may need to install the latest update to resolve this issue. See this blog post for more information:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

If you do not have Photoshop, then try the solution that others have mentioned previously:

1. Open the Adobe Application Manager (AAM).
  2. If applicable, let AAM complete any automatic updates and restart itself.
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID. (Optionally, you can close AAM at this po

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I have a one year subscription, but I am now being told my trial is going to run out. If itdoes, I'm in big trouble with my business being able to deliver my current projects. I'm seeing this problem around the web a lot, and not getting any answers. Please let us know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue, I signed in to a free one year subscription one month ago after getting LaCie but it suddenly stopped and I am asked to pay.. in between very tight deadlines and time sensitive projects .. kindly advice asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Asma33766114k2lg 

start here - https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

if that fails, proceed to these steps - https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

if that fails, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

below are solutions some users reported:

if those all fail, change your cc language. eg, try international english - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-trial-mode.html

if that fails, change the install location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maryal and Jude,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and Happy New Year!

Follow the below steps:

1. Close all the Adobe Applications. Logout from creative.adobe.com and re-login.

2. Once you launch the software and when you get the error saying the the trial version has expired, you will have an option saying "License this software".

3. Select this option and enter your credentials and click next.

4. You must be able to activate the software then.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me. I have an activation code that has letters and numbers in it, not individual serial numbers for each product, and the serial number window won't accept letters. I did recently get notifications to upgrade a number of products, which I did - could this be part of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip about clicking on Licence your software. I've looked at various forums and this was the first one I got a clear answer on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

have over 150 clients running a mix of CS6 CC2013 and CC2014

Have had issues today

I can sign out of a user, use the adobe suite cleaner tools removing all utilities and adobe apps

login to the adobe website with a active user seat

download adobe photoshop 2013 or 2014

try to launch it

comes up asking to license when you do it refreshes asking for a serial number or your trial has expired

this is happening to anyone that has to login today

Also the version of acrobat on CS6 computers is now popping up all over the place asking for a serial number

the adobe status page says there is nothing wrong with any of their services but the rest of adobe users knows there is

paying for adobe products that my clients can't use is not a good look especially when Adobe keep changing the rules and pricing

when ever they feel like it.

And yes have tried all this several times

Follow the below steps:

1. Close all the Adobe Applications. Logout from creative.adobe.com and re-login.

2. Once you launch the software and when you get the error saying the the trial version has expired, you will have an option saying "License this software".

3. Select this option and enter your credentials and click next.

4. You must be able to activate the software then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow lancef32 and GenericBox instructions and finally got mine working after two long days.

from genericbox

On Mac, open Terminal (Utitlities > Terminal), and type:

sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

You will need to then type in your administration password.

Then make sure that any lines that look like:

127.0.0.1       *.adobe.com

etc, are removed.

Generally, your Hosts file should have no additional entries after the commented section - but check before you remove any lines.

I don't know the exact lines for Adobe that you will need to remove - but I think they should be pretty self explanatory.

Press CONTROL + O and it will ask to Save as Filename, hit Enter to save.

Next, you will need to flush your DNS cache.

Type into Terminal:

dscacheutil -flushcache

Exit Terminal, restart AAM and you should be sorted.

from lancef32

the lines you need to delete are

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 na2m-pr.licenses.adobe.com

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the steps above to access my Adobe.  However, when i click 'license this software', it asks for a serial number with 6 boxes.  I don't have a serial number.  what then?

Patty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if after doing that it still says: We cannot associate your account to subscription, even though I have checked the payment is in my Adobe ID...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE UOOOOOMMGGGG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally just had to log out and log back in!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem; sounds like a silly licensing-related software bug induced by the 2012 to 2013 transition. This is the first year of Creative Cloud after all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same or very similar problem though I don't think it's a 2012 to 2013 bug as this started around the 18th of December.

Our work uses Creative Cloud on two machines (one in the office [PC] and one at home [Mac]) but only one is in use at anyone time. Several weeks ago the Mac one is saying it is now on a trail version and has been counting down from 30 days ever since then yet it is fine on the PC. Have checked that subscription payments have gone through which they have. Also tried to re-enter the serial number but no luck.

Only 15 days left for us, we need some help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. My Creative Cloud subscription is activated, but all available apps seem to be in tryout-mode. Every time I open Photoshop, InDesign or any other software I'm asked to activate my subscription. When I type in my Adobe ID I'm being asked for a serial number, which doesn't exist on a Creative Cloud subscription. This is ridiculously annoying! I can't use any of the programs now until this is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem.  I'm on Mac OSX Yosemite and these were their instructions:

Finder>Go To Folder>Go to "/etc">find "hosts">copy that to the desktop, and replace the text in it with

### Host Database## localhost is used to configure the loopback interface# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.##127.0.0.1 localhost#

Then move "hosts" back into /etc.  It'll ask you to authenticate, which I did.  That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. If the above steps mentioned did not resolve, then please follow the steps mentioned in the below document:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Revert back if you have any issues.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that worked for me here.

My clock is correct and in the correct timezone.

My firewall is not blocking Adobe

I can connect to the Adobe Licence Management Server

There were no Adobe.com entries in the Hosts file

The Root CA Certificates were valid

I'm down the 24 days, so I suppose this started on the 29th of December. I did recently use the Adobe prompt to upgrade a few programs around this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, tried/verified all those steps and it still is in trail mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I had this same problem. I'm running the CS6 Creative Cloud Subscription on a Mac (OS X v 10.8.2)

And this just worked for me:

Go to:

- Finder

- Applications

- Adobe Application Manager

- core

- PDApp.app

It asked me to enter my log-in credentials.

Once I logged in, now all of my applications are working just fine and not in try-out mode any more.

Hope that helps and works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, didn't work for me. I did have to log in and it says all my downloaded apps are up to date though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me on Mac OS X v 10.7.5, this is what I did:

Launched Adobe Application Manager

Allowed it to auto update

It then relaunched and asked me to log in with my Adobe ID

Then launched one of my applications, still got the subscription expired notice

Clicked to licence this software

Logged in with my Adobe ID again

Activation complete - all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah nice one Zootie and Ben. That did the trick.

So the full solution for me was to go to Applications > Adobe Application manager, run this and log-in when it asks you to. Then launch any Cloud App and click on 'Licence this Software' when it asks you to. Log in again with your Adobe ID, and you should get a thank you notice and your apps will stop giving the trial expiring notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines