• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription and money was taken out of my account so I know it is paid. help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

If you use Photoshop at all, you may need to install the latest update to resolve this issue. See this blog post for more information:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

If you do not have Photoshop, then try the solution that others have mentioned previously:

1. Open the Adobe Application Manager (AAM).
  2. If applicable, let AAM complete any automatic updates and restart itself.
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID. (Optionally, you can close AAM at this po

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Application Manager solution worked for me today as well - I had tried the same exact thing on Jan 1st with no luck. Adobe must have fixed something on their end since then.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to escalate this issue so it gets fixed?  I'm getting this every month now, and once, when opening a file with a client over my shoulder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem, as the above solution didn't work for me. I'm on a PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.

JairajMike's steps did not solve it (the original 4 steps, as well as the links provided did not change anything for me).

The Adobe Application Manager solution doesn't work either for me. It was already up to date, as well as my apps.

This is what I get every time I open Photoshop, for example: http://i.imgur.com/HKYYN.png

Window 1: I click "License This Software"

Window 2: I click "Sign in"

It seems to work, I can use Photoshop, but then when I start it the next time it happens again.

I am on Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I've solved it. I was using the Dutch version and I didn't buy a subscription for multiple langauges. So I just installed the English photoshop version and now it's registered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but it happens intermittently.  I do the 'License This Software' thing and all seems well then a few days later I get the message again saying I am on a Trial version.  My Creative Cloud software is working now but I am expecting it to give me this error again in a day or two or three or ... !! ??

This occurred after an UPDATE, the same as everyone else and therefore is obviously an Adobe fault since so many of you are complaining of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is exactly the same as Comment 19 above. It happens intermittently. I 'License the Software' which then says "Thank you for your Subscription" (which worried me the first time it happened because I'm already subscribed and I thought it had created a second subscription for me! Luckily it looks like it hasn't). Everything is fine for a few days and then I'm told I'm on a Trial version again.

And, as above, this happened after an update late last year. I'm being told I've only got 11 days left and I'm praying that the apps don't stop working for me then. Although I'm happy with the applications through Creative Cloud, I've already had issues with subscriptions early on, with two subscriptions being created after my apps stopped working after a month. I cannot afford for it to happen again!

Please fix this soon as none of the solutions here have worked so far. 11 days and counting for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just come across this article on the Adobe site: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/trial-screen-displays-you-open.html

It seems they're working on a solution but, basically, you can either 1) uninstall and reinstall Photoshop CS6, or 2) relicense the software each time you launch or 3) keep using it as a trial, crossing your fingers that the issue is fixed before the trial runs out!!

As this isn't only happening in Photoshop, I really don't want to download all the apps and reinstall them all again! So, I'm crossing all my fingers and relicensing until Adobe sorts it out with reinstalling as the last option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After contacting 'Adobe Care' via email and after many emails back and forth I was advised today that the 'issue' has been 'fixed'... I will wait and see 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope.  it hasn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same result now with pretty much any of the CS apps that I open. The initial "Welcome to this Trial" screen. However, when I click on "License" it askes for the retail serial number. I have found that simply closing the window and confirming that I want to "Quit" makes the trial splash go away. The app will open and as far as I've been able to observe, everything functions as it should. So at this point the whole thing is really an incovience as I now have to close the trial pop up and then confirm that I want to quit anytime I open any Adobe product. For me this first started with the upgrade to Acrobat XI. I went through the forums and attempted to troubleshoot this problem there to no avail. Nothing like feeling as if you have pirated software you've legitimately paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, there are some Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions that utilize product keys. I found this to be the issue for me. I work for a non-profit and purchased my CC license through CDW. In order to retrieve my license keys I had to log in to the licensing.adobe.com website (using my CC username and password). There I navigated to "retrieve license keys" and selected the correct order number and viola...at the bottom were keys for the Adobe Team Ready software. Note that Acrobat requires it's own key. Thank you to Adobe Customer Service for walking me through this. I hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kenyongerbrandt - Adobe Team Ready was a solution offered before the Adobe Team was available. It is a solution that uses serial numbers. Now both Team and Individual subscriptions to the Creative Cloud just use an Adobe ID, no serial numbers at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was explained to me that there is a migration upcoming moving everyone from Team Ready to Team. At that time I will be notified via email of the changes and necessary steps. In the meantime I have licensed all my CC apps utilizing the serial numbers accessed through the adobe licensing site. I have spent a significant amount of time purusing these forums and it seems that a vast majority of posts are related to similar registration glitches. I am offering my solution as yet another possibility to the myriad already posted in various places. Might be helpful if Adobe could consolidate all these various fixes to these registration problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ken: As I mentioned, I've tried those "solutions" already (personally, I do not see uninstalling and reinstalling as a "solution" anyway).

So all I can do is "relicense the software each time you launch"? I'm confused... that seems to imply that this is acceptable behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not acceptable behavior and I did not mean to imply this. A fix is being worked on and it is very high priority.

But in the meantime I wanted to post the official workaround since I did not see it on this thread. There are many threads on this problem in both this forum and other forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Ken:

I presume that the core of the solution from the link you provided is to revert the latest Photoshop Update (my Photoshop is 13.1.1. and the update that is stated in the solution is 13.0.1.1.). If I had a boxed product that might work but what am I going to do as Creative Cloud subscriber? If I deinstall Photoshop and reinstall it from the Application Manager it will surely be installed in the latest version again, doesn't it?

Concerning the Workarounds described on the linked page: I would be happy if I would be able to license Photoshop after startup as a temporary solution but it asks for serial number and as CC subscriber I don't have one.

I appreciate that Adobe is aware of the problem but what is a CC subscriber going to do to solve the problem? I've got 16 days of trial left until the heart of my business is going to stop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same issue!!

nothing works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite frustrating.  I assume that there will be a credit on my bill for down time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Photoshop at all, you may need to install the latest update to resolve this issue. See this blog post for more information:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

If you do not have Photoshop, then try the solution that others have mentioned previously:

1. Open the Adobe Application Manager (AAM).
  2. If applicable, let AAM complete any automatic updates and restart itself.
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID. (Optionally, you can close AAM at this point.)
  4. Open a CS6 application (e.g. InDesign CS6).
  5. If prompted (e.g. you get the trial screen), click "License This Software" and sign in with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on location with no internet when this came up - all my cloud sourced software was disabled and I was unable to perform my job

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "License this software", I have to enter a serial number, which I do not have for Creative Cloud applications. I use mac OS Mountain Lion. In Windows 8, which my mac also can run, it works fine, just after login with my Adobe ID.

Palle Tornqvist, Denmark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Subscribed to Creative Cloud. All the apps showing as 'Try' rather than the 'Download' buttons that apepar on a colleagues machine (who subscribed a few months ago). When I load the trial of Indesign, if I select 'licence software' - no space to put Adobe ID, only serial number which I don't have with the Creative Cloud membership.

Tried everything that has been suggested. Updated everything in Adobe App' Manager. Gone back to open Indesign - still just has boxes for serial number.

Please sort this out Adobe. I've wasted half a day trying to install on my machine and still have the rest of the studio to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem with Adobe's recognition of my Adobe ID was solved by the chat support. The file "host" was changed, so that Adobe products no longer was blocked. Try the chat.

With Kindly Regards

Palle Tørnqvist

Den 08/04/2013 kl. 14.10 skrev TimmyC123456 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription

created by TimmyC123456 in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussion

I'm having the same problem. Subscribed to Creative Cloud. All the apps showing as 'Try' rather than the 'Download' buttons that apepar on a colleagues machine (who subscribed a few months ago). When I load the trial of Indesign, if I select 'licence software' - no space to put Adobe ID, only serial number which I don't have with the Creative Cloud membership.

Tried everything that has been suggested. Updated everything in Adobe App' Manager. Gone back to open Indesign - still just has boxes for serial number.

Please sort this out Adobe. I've wasted half a day trying to install on my machine and still have the rest of the studio to do.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5215835#5215835

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Creative Cloud by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines