• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription and money was taken out of my account so I know it is paid. help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

If you use Photoshop at all, you may need to install the latest update to resolve this issue. See this blog post for more information:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

If you do not have Photoshop, then try the solution that others have mentioned previously:

1. Open the Adobe Application Manager (AAM).
  2. If applicable, let AAM complete any automatic updates and restart itself.
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID. (Optionally, you can close AAM at this po

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another student who subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud when I did had the same issue today.

If anyone else is looking for an update on this, I think it may be because you have at some stage downloaded a pirated version of an Adobe product, and to circumvent the Adobe security features - you have changed your Hosts file to block outgoing Adobe connections.

On Mac, open Terminal (Utitlities > Terminal), and type:

sudo nano /private/etc/hosts

You will need to then type in your administration password.

Then make sure that any lines that look like:

127.0.0.1       *.adobe.com

etc, are removed.

Generally, your Hosts file should have no additional entries after the commented section - but check before you remove any lines.

I don't know the exact lines for Adobe that you will need to remove - but I think they should be pretty self explanatory.

Press CONTROL + O and it will ask to Save as Filename, hit Enter to save.

Next, you will need to flush your DNS cache.

Type into Terminal:

dscacheutil -flushcache

Exit Terminal, restart AAM and you should be sorted.

GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can state absolutely that I have not downloaded pirated Adobe software here. So it might be a cause, but it can't be the only cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood - apologies, I didn't mean to imply anything. I almost just copied pasted that response from what I told my student (I tutor at a University) - who had undoubtadly been using a pirated version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not offended   I just knew for sure that it wasn't the case here, so wanted to point out that it can't be the only cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally it works for me.

thank you so much!

(yeah as a student i have been using the pirated version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Generic! You helped me a lot.

I deleted files whic included words: activate and license and it worked!:

127.0.0.1activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1activate-sjc0.adobe.com
127.0.0.1lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1na2m-pr.licenses.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem. How do I do this method on PC? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much GenericBox,

I followed your method via using the finder folders method in Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later and then flushed the cache and I was able to get it all working!!!

If anyone is having trouble I suggest following the adobe link - Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later go to "3. Check your hosts files" follow that but delete all of the 127.0.0.1       *.adobe.com as mentioned by GenericBox (not just the one's that say activate.adobe.com) and then flush cache from the terminal and open up creative cloud and it will do the glorious thing of opening up like you are a member!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a life saver - adobe should hire you - THANKS !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks GenericBox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks GenericBox, it worked. Crazy that nearly TWO years after first mention of this problem, it is still UNRESOLVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou... all the best for 2015!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I think this is my problem. I had a pirated version of illustrator that I previously uninstalled before purchasing the student package.  I tried your solution, but I was confused about how to clear the cache. do you type that into a new terminal window?

thanks,

madeleine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madeleiner, Yes - if you have followed the steps to remove any entries from your host file - save and close host file (CONTROL+O, ENTER) and CONTROL-X to exit back to Terminal. Then close down Creative Cloud Manager (AAM).

Then type dscacheutil -flushcache into the Terminal and hit enter, it should say that the cache has been cleared. Restart AAM/Cloud and it should be working fine.

If you are on Windows, open CMD (WINDOWS KEY+R [type cmd] or START > Accessories/Windows > Terminal) and type ipconfig /flushdns. It should also say that caches are cleared, re-open Creative Cloud Manager (AAM) and should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Generic Box, it worked for me.

I bought a Creative Cloud plan on a computer where a pirated Photoshop was installed in the past and my licensing works perfectly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GenericBox‌ this worked for the most part. Thank you. Although dscacheutil -flushcache did not work for me (maybe because i'm using Windows 10). Flushing the DNS cache worked like this:

Flushing the DNS cache on Windows 10 is a very easy process. Due to system security permissions, you must ensure that you run the command prompt as an administrator user.

1. Ensure that you're on the Windows 10 desktop.
  2. Right click on the start menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
  3. Type in the command ipconfig /flushdns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GenericBox seems like Adobe added the ..adobe. lines in the host file even if you use to have the trail versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 30-days have expired--I didn't pay attention to the message thinking it was a promotion for the Creative Cloud. I have a MacBook Pro with Maverick and the master collection CD purchased by my company. I CAN'T OPEN ANY OF MY FILES! This is really BAD; I have a deadline tomorrow an all the work I did yesterday it is not-accessible!@#$

Please HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have purchased Creative cloud annual photography plan but my account does not show it can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need also to answer here.

This Post i now half a year old and there are still a lot USERS have still the same problems...

and ADOBE do NOTHING.

i talked to the german support on the phone.. we tried out some things but nothing helped and now.. the company let me wating....

No any further respone.. no feedback...

This behavior SUCKS really... also this company.

this is against LAW. we pay for the Service and the dont fix this urgent bug.

I really dont understand this...

i have the same problems since the first install..

i always need to relicence my Apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have users that have started using Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions, and one of them has been experiencing this same issue.  Windows 7 Enterprise (64bit).   Acrobat XI Pro was coming up stating that it was trial version that expired.  Clicking Register, required them to sign in with Adobe ID, and after doing so it than asked for Serial Number to license it which Creative Cloud doesn't use license key.   Logged in with their Adobe ID, downloaded and updated to the most recent version of Adobe Application Manager as prompted.  Made sure all applications were up to date.  Yet still had the same exact issue.  Adobe had me check the HOSTS file to see if there was an Adobe entry at all and their was not.  Check the host file here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc open hosts with Notepad. 

After verifying there was no Adobe entry here, they had me just go delete the opm.db file located within the users profile.  Close out of the Adobe Creative Cloud Applicaton Manager completely,  Than go to   C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE find the opm.db file and delete it.  NOTE:  userprofile will be the name of the users account having the issue.

After deleting this file, I than relaunch the Creative Cloud Application manager and sign in with the users Adobe ID and password registered against their cloud subscription.  I was then able to launch and use Acrobat XI Pro just fine.  It seems that somewhere along the line Adobe fails to communicate to their server agains the ID and corrupts the registration, thus turning it into a trial version.  Deleting the opm.db file forced the application manager to use sign in again and re-register the subscription and reactivated the program for us.

Other possible helpful information is to ensure that your company or local firewalls settings allow the following hosts/ports open for communication. 

Site/Port information used by Creative Cloud for teams

The following host/port combinations may need to be whitelisted when logging in to the Creative Cloud for teams with an Adobe ID to download, install, and activate licensing for applications via a Creative Cloud membership.

• ccmdls.adobe.com:443
  • ims-na1.adobelogin.com:443
  • na1r.services.adobe.com:443
  • prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com:443
  • lm.licenses.adobe.com:443
  • cmdl.adobe.com:80

swupmf.adobe.com:80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I need to read all this and waste my valuable time to try to solve Adobe's licensing problems? Can't they solve their own problems? My adobe acrobat pro has just started to stop working because it says that the trial version has expired and it's a completely paid up version. They're still debiting me every month. What's the solution to this problem?

I installed the applications manager, updated and now its gone and replaced with adobe creative cloud. Adobe instructions were all useless. Do they know their own software? I want to cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am cancelling my subscription. It is a whole year and a half later and this problem still persists??? I have tried all of the solutions I have found on these forums and to no avail. This is really unacceptable. people are paying good money to jump through hoops. I am fed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue. I contacted them by live chat 9 days ago  (as I have social anxiety) and after 3 - 5 hours they left me with a "we'll get back to you". I suppose they are looking into it because they recorded the session. But if nothing is done before the trial expiration date, of 18 days, I'm just going to cancel the subscription. This is really not worth the time or effort by the looks of it. I wouldn't mind how long it took for them to fix if it were something else but the end result is me not being able to use the software I'm paying for. So my patience is now starting to wear thin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people are still have troubles I resolved my issue chatting with a Adobe Rep. Read through fully if you are not a computer tech person like me - this is all clear as I asked all the dumb questions your grandma would probably ask. Follow these steps and you are good to go and I'm Lance the tech is Seetharam. See chat below - hope this helps!

Jim Roberts: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Jim Roberts: Hi Lance

Jim Roberts: I understand that your applications are still showing in a trial mode, despite purchasing the software.

Lance Freitag: Hello Jim

Lance Freitag: Yes - Im confused and thought after the trial version ended it would flip over since I have been paying for 2 months

Jim Roberts: I see that this is a technical issue. I'll need to transfer this chat to the technical support team so that this issue is resolved in this first contact itself.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.

You are now chatting with 'Seetharam'

Lance Freitag: How long does that take - I'm really in a bad place lots of jobs to finish and no way to work

Seetharam: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Seetharam: Please allow me a moment while I look into your account & verify the details.

Lance Freitag : Ok thanks Seetharam

Seetharam: I understand that you are unable activate the software. Is that correct?

Lance Freitag: Yes

Seetharam: Thank you for confirming the issue.

Seetharam: I'll be glad to help you with this.

Seetharam: May I know when you launch the software it ask for the serial number?

Lance Freitag: I was running on the trial version for some reason when I sign up for the monthly subsripstion but now its now letting me access my apps

Lance Freitag: yes but I don't have a redemption code

Lance Freitag: or serial number

Lance Freitag: I was never given one

Seetharam: May I know in the same window do you have option "License this software" ?

Lance Freitag: yes when I click on the app

Lance Freitag: it ask me to license

Lance Freitag: when I click that it ask me to sign in

Seetharam: Okay.

Seetharam: Please follow the below steps .

Lance Freitag: I sign in and that is when I get the screen to add a serial number

Seetharam: Open a  Finder window. Choose Go > Go To Folder.

Seetharam: Type  "/etc" hit return, find Hosts file in etc folder and copy it to Desktop

Seetharam: Right click the Hosts in etc folder and click on Move to Trash.

Seetharam: Open the Hosts file which is copied on the Desktop

Seetharam: Please  look for the entry 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com and delete this text

Lance Freitag: "/etc" just like that?

Seetharam: Just /etc

Lance Freitag: I don't have a - "host in" folder

Seetharam: Please recheck it will be named as hosts

Seetharam: Please scroll down and check.

Lance Freitag: hosts I have but its not a folder its a file

Lance Freitag: I have 3 files

Lance Freitag: hosts

Lance Freitag: host.equiv

Seetharam: Yes please open the hosts file.

Lance Freitag: click and open the hosts file? I also have a hosts~orig

Seetharam: Please open only hosts file .

Lance Freitag: ok - do I delete this - 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

Seetharam: Please copy paste the text in the host file on this chat.

Lance Freitag: ## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost fe80::1%lo0 localhost 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na2m-pr.licenses.adobe.com

Seetharam: Please delete the below entries in the host file.

Seetharam: activate.adobe.com127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com127.0.0.1 hl2rcv.adobe.com127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com127.0.0.1 na2m-pr.licenses.adobe.com

Seetharam: Then save the host file.

Lance Freitag: I don't have access to change anything why is that

Seetharam: Please move the host file to desktop and

Seetharam: Right click the Hosts in etc folder and click on Move to Trash

Lance Freitag: do i move it to the trash and then put it on my desktop and resave back into the folder?

Seetharam: Please move it desktop

Lance Freitag: ok one second

Seetharam: Now please open the host file which is in the desktop.

Seetharam: And delete the Entries in the host file.

Seetharam: Then save the host file and replace it back to etc folder.

Lance Freitag: now it looks like this

Lance Freitag: ## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Seetharam: Yes

Lance Freitag: whats do you mean by delete the ENTRIES

Seetharam: Please save the host file and replace it back etc folder.

Lance Freitag: what about the entries thing?

Lance Freitag: ## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Lance Freitag: Is this all correct to save?

Lance Freitag: ok I will put back in folder

Lance Freitag: Ok it was replaced and the old was deleted - now what should I do?

Seetharam: Now please launch the software, and click on License this software and sign in to activate the software.

Lance Freitag: Ok one second

Seetharam: Sure

Lance Freitag: Ok it works now - your a badass!!! Should i have to do anything else?

Lance Freitag: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Seetharam: You're welcome.

Seetharam: I'm happy to help. Do you have anymore questions for me?

Lance Freitag: Have a lovely night / day - do I need to do anything else?

Seetharam: No need.

Seetharam: You can use the product without any issue.

Seetharam: You may receive an email that will contain a link to complete an optional survey to provide your feedback on the support experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Lance Freitag: THANK YOU AGAIN - YOU SAVED MY JOB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines