• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud stuck at waiting Problem Solved!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent the last 3 days--and I mean 12 hour days - trying to solve the problem with my CC 2018 update.  Not only did this last update wipe out my ability to use my trusty CS3, but I have had every problem you can think of in being able to use the App!  It started with not being able to link png and jpeg images to the app to not being able to install and use CC2018 at all!! I read and tried everything but nothing worked. The last problem I was dealing with was being stuck at waiting. So here is what solved my problem:

I had come across suggestion to rename the OOBE file but never saw info on how to do this until now.  That is what solved the problem.  Here is the link to those instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-error-update-cc-desktop-app.html

In addition, don't forget to first uninstall any previous downloads.  And I also disabled my Firewall and ran the download as an administrator (right click, run as administrator).  These last things may not be necessary but worth including.

I hope I can save even one person from going through the immense frustration (mild word) I just went through with this update.  It has totally changed the way I feel about Adobe.

GM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Glen! 🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a winner, running as admin is something I really should have thought of! This got it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines