• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud update install errors.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting notifications that an update to Creative Cloud is available.  However on trying to install the update I was repeatedly getting could not install error 191 messages.  I uninstalled CC and tried to reinstall.  Would not install.  I tried the steps contained for 191 errors - most of these steps failed.  I also got C500 errors on occasions.  I found via this forum and alternative installation file.  It installed very quickly but then it tried to update and the original errors were repeated.

What should my next be be to update the CC?

Thanks for any help,

Jeff (Windows 10 Pro Build 1909)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeffNK, error 191 occurs because the installation is being blocked.  Error C500 also indicates a similar problem with the package not being able to be installed.

Please review the settings for any installed software firewalls and security software.  C500 can occur because Windows Defender is blocking the installation.  Error 191 can occur if security software is blocking the install process over the network.

For more information on both errors see the following:

1. Error C500 - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#errorC500
  2. Error 191 - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error191

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled my BitDefender firewall togeter with associated virus check etc.  Windows Defender Firewall reports as off.  Howver error messages persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004.  This seems to have resolved everything.  I am not sure that a cause of my difficulties was not Windows  ie Defender Firewall which seemed to resist all attempts to implement solution options I found on the Adobe website and elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update on your resolution, JeffNK.

My best practices when starting to use my Windows computer, every day, is as follows:

1. Run anti-virus updates
  2. Check for available System updates
  3. Check Microsoft Store for updates

This workflow seems to have worked fairly well and I seldom run into errors while running Windows 10 Professional on my home computer.  I will also periodically run a utility provided by the computer manufacturer to verify there are no driver or BIOS updates also available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon.  Now Microsoft 365 doesn't work.  Had to roll back Windows 10 2004 install and put up with previous errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to hear that, JeffNK.  It does sound like you are encountering several problems with the current installation of Windows 10.   I would recommend you double check your back up in case any additional errors occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines