• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud update stuck at 5% forever - can´t open CC/install anything without updating

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It´s already annoying enough that every time the CC desktop app needs to update it doesn´t let us do anything unless we update it - without an option to update later; now the app simply won´t go pass 5% during the update, meaning I can´t install any new software.

So here I am in an awful hurry to download, install and use Photoshop but I just can´t do it because of the app.

It doesn´t even offer an error message.

What´s the fix?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leandro,

Please follow the help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_2_failed_update.html

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply, but how long should it take for the uninstaller to uninstall? It was running for over 20 minutes as if it was doing something ("Uninstalling Creative Cloud desktop" message on), but also seemed stuck... Just like the non-working update process.

So I asked to close the window and got the message that the uninstall had been successful, but the app was still there and not working...

Weirder of all: the uninstall patch had disappeared from its folder.

Then I extracted it again and ran it, but got the message that another uninstall process was under way and needed to be closed first (had one it already...), so I started the Task Manager (Windows 7) and killed all Adobe processes and started the uninstall again.

Uninstall was unable to go further and gave me the message that Creative Cloud was busy .

Opened the Task Manager again and the only Adobe process was apparently an Adobe Reader update.

Killed it, started uninstalling again and quickly got a message saying that the uninstall process had completed with errors

What should I do next? Thought about trying to install CC app again but was afraid to worsen the situation.

What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstallation completed with errors ?

Before reinstalling Creative Cloud app . Navigate to  C: > Program Files(x86) > Adobe.

If present , delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder .     [ *** Important step]

Unable to delete ?? Rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Then proceed with reinstallation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The delete part helped me - tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leandro,

Please try the CC cleaner tool for uninstallation: Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Have done that. It seemed that the installation (actually a download for the installation after downloading the installation starter) was moving forward, but then it stopped and I got the error 201 (something wrong with the download).

I did go through the help section referring to this error and followed all the steps, including disabling my Norton 360 antivirus and Windows Firewall, but the problem persists.

My internet connection is fine, on cable (wireless kills), can access all secure sites and download from everywhere.

The only thing not working is Adobe.

Now: all I want is to try Photoshop. Why make it so hard to just download a piece of software? Up until now, the CC desktop app (and I have been a user of PP, Audition and AE, in the recent past) has been more trouble than help.

What now?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you renamed Adobe Creative Cloud folder I mentioned earlier .

Error 201 not only just Network issue , even if there is conflicting folder , it will cause error 201 sometimes .

If yes .  or if the folder is not present ,. try with direct installer file .

Step 1)

Click on the below link , Sign In and open Photoshop Elements download link.

Do not close the page , simply keep it open.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements

Note: *If we do not keep the Photoshop elements page , we'll get Access Denied error message while downloading direct installer file.

Then click on below link and download direct Installer file  mentioned in step 2.

It will directly starts installation process right away.

Step 2)

http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/ACCCx3_1_3_121.zip

Extract Zip first, then run Setup.exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to download the application from the link: Adobe CC 2015 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2015 Release | ProDesignTools

**Be sure to follow the very important instructions before downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines