• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud will not connect to internet

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been brought up already, but I have not seen it answered. I recently purchased Creative Cloud for teams. It downloaded for everyone and we were all working away. Somehow, we were all switched to trial version and if I try to activate it, I get a  warning that I am not connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet though.If I go through the Creative Cloud login box, it says I do not have an internet connection also. I work at a large company with a pretty strict IT department. They have tried to figure out what needs to be open. They have opened all Adobe servers. They opened some that didn't even say Adobe. Calling Adobe hasn't gotten us anywhere. No help at all. I spend half my time trying to slowly spell stuff so the dude on the other end can understand me. When things aren’t working, I need to speak with someone who speaks the same language I do. Super frustrated. One guy said, "Your IT dept. just needs to open everything up." Really? Yeah, they are going to do that. Just open it all. I haven't been able to get anyone to give me a specific list of servers IT needs to open or things they can do. I found a few servers on here and IT opened them, but clearly something is being missed.

I am on a PC running Windows 7. Creative Cloud Team member and we are all having the same issue. Our IT dept handles the security/firewall, not the individual user.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

I finally got someone at Adobe to help me. He sent me the info below that I then sent to IT. It all works now.

Please check with you Network Admin if the Port 80 and 443 are open. Also, you need to have access to https://activate.adobe.com and https://lm.licenses.adobe.com. These currently resolve into 192.150.16.69 and 192.150.16.211 respectively.

Also use the following host/port combinations when logging in to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop access app with an Adobe ID to download, install and

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here. The Creative Cloud app when connected to company firewall or VPN never lists any updates available. If I however connect my company laptop to my home netwrok, without going through VPN it does pull down the update list and I can then update it on or off the firewall. Through some digging I found that the issue is related to the swupmf.adobe.com (software update manifest, I am guessing) url being unaccessible. I spoke with our IT group and they need to know all access required by the application to be able to properly investigate the required access.

What protocols are involved in the Adobe Creative Cloud application for authorization, downloads, updates, and manifests?

What URLs are involved in the Adobe Creative Cloud application for authorization, downloads, updates, and manifests?

What ports are involved in the Adobe Creative Cloud application for authorization, downloads, updates, and manifests?

What redirects are involved in the Adobe Creative Cloud application for authorization, downloads, updates, and manifests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got someone at Adobe to help me. He sent me the info below that I then sent to IT. It all works now.

Please check with you Network Admin if the Port 80 and 443 are open. Also, you need to have access to https://activate.adobe.com and https://lm.licenses.adobe.com. These currently resolve into 192.150.16.69 and 192.150.16.211 respectively.

Also use the following host/port combinations when logging in to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop access app with an Adobe ID to download, install and activate the Creative Cloud membership.

ccmdls.adobe.com:443 (2.20.221.235)

ims-na1.adobelogin.com:443 (192.150.3.161)

na1r.services.adobe.com:443 (192.150.3.51)

prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com:443 (23.21.80.11)

1. lm.licenses.adobe.com:443 (192.150.16.211)
  2. ccmdl.adobe.com:80 (80.239.221.9)
  3. swupmf.adobe.com:80 (2.20.211.235)
  4. swupdl.adobe.com:80 (80.239.221.58)

Also, confirm with your Network Admin if the network has internet security software like Watch Guard installed. If so Adobe applications should be added to the exceptions list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE "I finally got someone at Adobe to help me. He sent me the info below that I then sent to IT. It all works now."

This is great, a solution.........for IT geeks, not graphic designers who don't mess in such an IP numbered world.

What is the solution for the rest of us? what do we click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled this Cloud Desktop rubbish.

I just wanted to try out Edge Reflow.

That's when the trouble started, because, to get anywhere near close to actually downloading anything from Adobe Cloud, I had to carry out the following installations:

• I had to download Adobe Application Manager afresh (over 60MB if you don't mind) in order to update my previously working copy (it worked yesterday, updating Premiere Pro files, so why didn't it work today, huh?)
  • I had to install the Adobe Cloud desktop garbage....which, after a successfull installation, pooped out beautifully, classically informing me there was "no internet connection".
  • So I Googled for a solution - because, Dear Idiotic Adobe - I DO have an Internet connection (madness)
  • Landed at this page and decided it wasn't worth dicking around any further, especially when the actual solution only works for IT folks.

So much for trying out Edge Reflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand, how could ports 80 and 443 be closed. Everybody is using http and https for browsing. I have the same issue and I don't really see any answer here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given all these details to my IT and it will work for about a day then go back to not working

I cant believe my business is changing anything
There should be better enterprise support as I imaging there is plenty of cash

it seems adobe has made it ridiculously complicated in the backed with the cloud

I cant raise a help ticket every time adobe changes a web address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this stage, I would request you to contact Adobe support for this as it requires trouble shooting too.https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is resolved

The challenged for a designer is getting a corporate IT department to listen and jump through the hoops required to open the "pipes" creative cloud needs to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back again trying to use the CC and 207 rears its head

obviously adobe only wants designers sitting on macs in cafes to use their software and the corporates can go jump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just turned off my Norton Smart Firewall and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow here in 2020 and it's the same problem and your solution still works! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines