Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Won't Install Subscribed Programs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Finally broke down and bought the annual subscription for the Photography bundle several days ago (Lightroom / Photoshop / 1T) for about $250 USD per year, and have been trying unsuccessfully since then to install on my Macbook Air running OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra).  

Initially, Adobe sent me a welcome message and a link to authenticate and install. I could get the .dmg file downloaded once authenticated on the Adobe site, but then the Creative Cloud installer would not run. It would time out at about 0.6% every freaking time.  I tried the Uninstaller. I did the Creative Cloud Cleaner. I manually removed the OPM.db file. I cleared cache. I restarted many times. No joy. I saw in Activity Monitor that there was an Adobe process frequently hung running under Root, so I went to the Adobe folder in Application Support and added permissions to "Administrator", even though my user is the only other Admin user on the machine.

So, after some searching here and other places on the Interwebs,  I used the "alternative" download direct link posted in the forums (https://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/CCD/5_2_1/osx10/ACCCx5_2_1_441.dmg) to get another version. This actually installed, and Creative Clound launches, shows me a GUI, and even"knows" from my Adobe account that I am who I say I am. 

Sadly, no matter which of the programs I try to install, all I get is "Waiting", and the Account info screen shows it is trying verify my cloud account info.  Nothing happens.  Thought maybe connectivity. I have checked DNS (my ISP's and Open DNS / Google DNS). I have zero firewall installed on router or machine.  Not on a proxy of any kind. I've tried VPN connections just for kicks. No difference.

Tried to call Adobe, but the only contact numbers in the US I could find were Monday through Friday only.

Does it REALLY have to be this difficult to install and manage these programs?  I am extremely frustrated, and about ready to get a refund and go back to using GIMP and shareware tools.  Any advice appreciated.

Bekka

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Nancy,

Thanks for your input, but the minimum system requirements were actually met on my machine the applications (see above screen shots), and I'm up and running now.

I will try to describe here the problem and the solution in case another Mac user too poor or too cheap to upgrade to the latest generation of shiny Apple products with lots of RAM and snazzier CPUs and graphics power has a similar problem. 😉  As a reminder, I am using a Mid-2013 MacBook Air with 1.3 ghz processor, and 4 GB of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for your difficulties.  Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Check each one.  Requirements vary by product and platform.  In addition, your computer user profile must have administrative permissions to install software. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Please log-in to your account below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans
Scroll down to Contact Adobe on the same page.  Online chat agents are available 24/7. Click the chat icon and type AGENT followed by enter.

image.png

Chat iconChat icon

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thanks for your response. I did check the system requirements before I purchased the Photography Bundle, which is really just Lightroom (Cloud and Desktop) and Photoshop (desktop) for my Mac.  I also tried to contact Adobe Support over the weekend by phone and/or chat, but was unsuccessful, and will try again today.

As far as I can tell, my machine meets the requirements.  I do have Creative Cloud App running (finally) and am seeing my account info, but can't get the apps to download or install.  I have used the online Lightroom interface successfully and edited some RAW files. My struggle is primarily with getting the applications loaded on my laptop.

MacBook Air (mid-2013 model)
OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

• 64-bit processing
  • 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
    Configurable to 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
  • 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory (Configurable to 8GB) - I have 4 GB
  • Plenty of hard drive space

Here are the specs of the apps:

photoshop.png

 

lightroom.png

 

lightroom-classic.png

 

Thanks, all, for any advice / assistance. I will post again if / when I reach a human at Adobe.

Becca

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As far as I can tell, my machine meets the requirements."

On the surface, 4 GB of RAM may seem sufficient but in reality it isn't nearly enough for Photoshop.  I use almost that much RAM just to run my operating system. On your set-up, there would be little if any remaining RAM for other apps to use.

Photoshop recommends 8 GB of RAM.  But when you add up all the apps you're likely to have opened at once, 16 -32 GB is more realistic.  And there is also scratch disk, CPU and GPU to consider especially if you do any 3D or video work.

See this:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recomm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thanks for your input, but the minimum system requirements were actually met on my machine the applications (see above screen shots), and I'm up and running now.

I will try to describe here the problem and the solution in case another Mac user too poor or too cheap to upgrade to the latest generation of shiny Apple products with lots of RAM and snazzier CPUs and graphics power has a similar problem. 😉  As a reminder, I am using a Mid-2013 MacBook Air with 1.3 ghz processor, and 4 GB of RAM...running High Sierra (OS X 10.13.6).

The problem was corrupted DNS caching on the computer. I thought I had cleared it, but I had used the outdated Terminal command (sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache) to do that instead of the current one (sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder).  Then, I restarted.

Once I did that, I just had to repeat the steps I had tried before to be sure:

1) Applications >> Unitlities >> Adobe Installers >> Uninstall Creative Cloud
2) Run Creative Cloud Cleaner app
3) Manually remove /Library/Application Support/Adobe directory

4) Download a fresh installer .dmg file for Creative Cloud

5) Restart again for good measure

Although I had tried these several times before, after really rese time when I ran the Creative Cloud installer, and authenticated, the application was able to not only see my acccount info, but sync with the Adobe server and cloud account. It has never managed that previously, as it would just spin. Now I was able to click the "Install" button in Creative Cloud in order to load each app, and they downloaded and installed normally.

All is working fine now, so I think I'm good to go.  Thanks to all for their help and suggestions.  I had been about to give up.

Becca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm very glad to hear you got everything sorted.  Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Finally broke down and bought the annual subscription for the Photography bundle several days ago (Lightroom / Photoshop / 1T) for about $250 USD per year, and have been trying unsuccessfully since then to install on my Macbook Air running OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra).  

Initially, Adobe sent me a welcome message and a link to authenticate and install. I could get the .dmg file downloaded once authenticated on the Adobe site, but then the Creative Cloud installer would not run. It would time out at about 0.6% every freaking time.  I tried the Uninstaller. I did the Creative Cloud Cleaner. I manually removed the OPM.db file. I cleared cache. I restarted many times. No joy. I saw in Activity Monitor that there was an Adobe process frequently hung running under Root, so I went to the Adobe folder in Application Support and added permissions to "Administrator", even though my user is the only other Admin user on the machine.

So, after some searching here and other places on the Interwebs,  I used the "alternative" download direct link posted in the forums (https://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/CCD/5_2_1/osx10/ACCCx5_2_1_441.dmg) to get another version. This actually installed, and Creative Clound launches, shows me a GUI, and even"knows" from my Adobe account that I am who I say I am. 

Sadly, no matter which of the programs I try to install, all I get is "Waiting", and the Account info screen shows it is trying verify my cloud account info.  Nothing happens.  Thought maybe connectivity. I have checked DNS (my ISP's and Open DNS / Google DNS). I have zero firewall installed on router or machine.  Not on a proxy of any kind. I've tried VPN connections just for kicks. No difference.

Tried to call Adobe, but the only contact numbers in the US I could find were Monday through Friday only.

Does it REALLY have to be this difficult to install and manage these programs?  I am extremely frustrated. Any advice appreciated.  Note: First version of this post was screened by moderators for some reason. Weird. Nothing spammy here.

Bekka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wait until it happens again. Then it really gets under your skin. It will happen... trust me... Just did it again to me. This product is going downhill faster than Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines