Creative Cloud won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to figure out why creative cloud won't open. I can double click on it , the loading wheel shows for about two seconds then nothing. I have a stand alone version of Lightroom which remains unaffected. I want to get a Photoshop subscription but can't download  it because the Creative Cloud won't open. I have already tried removing it and reloading it , cleaning registry , etc.... The error I get says incompatible app. Anyone had the same problem ?

Finally got it figured out , managed to get Adobe support to help. The biggest problem was the Creative Cloud app that you download when you are doing all of the above steps is outdated and not supported anymore so once you get the app working you have to update it before you try and use it . If you try and use it before you update it , it screws everything up and you have to go through all the steps again. Once I got the app to work and got it updated everything worked fine. Thanks for your help and I hope this helps someone else.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to figure out why creative cloud won't open. I can double click on it , the loading wheel shows for about two seconds then nothing. I have a stand alone version of Lightroom which remains unaffected. I want to get a Photoshop subscription but can't download  it because the Creative Cloud won't open. I have already tried removing it and reloading it , cleaning registry , etc.... The error I get says incompatible app. Anyone had the same problem ?

Finally got it figured out , managed to get Adobe support to help. The biggest problem was the Creative Cloud app that you download when you are doing all of the above steps is outdated and not supported anymore so once you get the app working you have to update it before you try and use it . If you try and use it before you update it , it screws everything up and you have to go through all the steps again. Once I got the app to work and got it updated everything worked fine. Thanks for your help and I hope this helps someone else.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried downloading and opening with all three operating systems , still won't open ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be helpful , if you can post screenshot of error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't even get that screen up anymore. I can sign into creative cloud through my Lightroom , but when I get to the part where I download photoshop , its says downloading now but it really isn't doing anything , I've let it sit for a couple hours "downloading" just to make sure. If I click on the Adobe Creative Cloud shortcut the opening wheel shows for about two seconds and then disappears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 0
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud if listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. .

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

or you may also use Adobe Cleaner tool:

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Disable Firewall Temporarily.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**important]

Unable to delete??? rename it to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4 :

Then download and install Adobe Creative Cloud application and check.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Reference :

Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped....I now have the Creative cloud window , I can sign in , the tabs at the top all work , the only problem now is photoshop won't download , it says it is and the download wheel is spinning but it never downloads . Here is the screen shot . Photoshop 1.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 0
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC apps can be installed from Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.

Launch Adobe Creative Cloud app and Sign in with your Adobe ID and Password.

Once Signed in ,  Click on Tab named Apps , it will list CC apps available for installation along with Install / Try  button .

Locate Photoshop CC 2015 among the list and then click on Install/ Try button next to it. It will start the installation process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2016 1