• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud won't retrieve updates

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for a couple of months on my iMac. I have the same issue on my Macbook Air.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app several times - the current version I have is 5.2.0.436. The problem arises when I want to update Lightroom Classic, for example. My desktop version is 8.3.1 but I know that the updated version is now 9.3. When I go to Updates/Check for Updates, CC tells me that I am already up-to-date, which is not correct.

If I try to get a copy to download from Adobe, I just finish in an endless loop that leads back to my mal-functioning Creative Cloud. Has anyone else found this a problem? I wrote to Adobe about this specific issue and there was no response. I cannot even find a local email address (in Australia) for help.

All suggestions appreciated.

Pat. Mitchell

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of OS X is installed on your Mac computers?

You need at least 10.13.6 High Sierra to install the newer/newest versions of all Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem as well. My Mac has been updated to the latest version (Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.5) and the creative cloud desktop app still will not retrieve updates. To update an app,  I have to delete Photoshop for example and reinstall it. 

My creative cloud desktop app is also the latest version 5.2.0.436. However, i've noticed my creative cloud looks slightly different to what is shown on the Update Creative Cloud Apps page on the adobe website (https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html).

For example, in the apps tab I do not have the auto-update option. Here is a side by side comparison: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.56.17 am.png

auto_update.png

I'm guessing this might be the issue as to why my apps won't update to the latest version, despite it telling me that everything is already up-to-date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 installed. I have read just about every available help resource but still, no solution to this. I think it is very poor form to have to uninstall an app then reinstall in order to update it.

Still waiting for a solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree. It is quite strange and I've tried my best to find a solution. Would be good if an Adobe Employee who is on the Adobe Support Community could look into this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workaround until you find a permanent fix.

Depending on your version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, do one of the following:

1. Go to Apps Updates.

2. Click the icon in the upper-left corner.

3. Select Check for updates from the pop-up menu.

OR

1. Click the "Three dots" icon in the upper-right corner.

2. Select Check for App Updates from the pop-up menu.

One of these ought to update the CC temporarily for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RuskinF. Thank you for dedicating some time to help resolve this issue.

However, the problem is as pat_m has stated: "When I go to Updates/Check for Updates, CC tells me that I am already up-to-date, which is not correct.".  These methods of checking for updates that you have outlined in the Creative Cloud Desktop App do not retrieve updates for me and pat_m.

Around two weeks ago when I heard Illustrator 24.2.1 was released, I checked for updates in my desktop app (using the method you have stated), however, the app said that everything was up to date. I knew this was incorrect and I doubled checked to see if Illustrator automatically updated, yet, it was still version 24.2. To resolve the issue, I had to delete illustrator and then re-download it. This is the only 'solution' for this annoying problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines