Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud won't start and I can't uninstall

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have downloaded creative cloud, but when it opened nothing was shown. then I have turned off and on my computer and now it don't want to start at all. I am trying to uninstall it, but there is an error.
I need adobe illustrator, but I can't download it because creative cloud is not working! anyone can help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot run the cleaner. After launching the dmg, it just freezes and nothing happens.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also having problems with this. can't launch cc desktop app. also just hangs there as an icon and cant use cleaner, uninstall or anything. anyone solved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guy with Camera what error is preventing you from using the CC Cleaner Tool?  What operating system are you using?  What specific error do you receive when attempting to update the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what his issue is, but I know that to run the cleaner, you first need to uninstall Creative Cloud, and at least for me, it's not allowing that to happen. It just...does nothing when I click on uninstall. Also, according to the title of this whole thread, he can't uninstall either, which again, is a required first step to run the cleaner (at least according to the instructions on adobe). For me, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 2. Any other suggestions besides the cleaner would really help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephrc79 have you utilized the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application uninstaller utility available at Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application ?  It is specifically designed to quit conflicting processes and allow the Creative Cloud desktop app to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine still won't uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud. (if you have a win os, right click the exe > click 'run as administrator'.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem trying to uninstall an old version of creative cloud so I could get the new one and nothing that I tried worked. Installing the new update always crashed, the uninstaller was never able to remove it, even when I used the cleaning software. Also, the error codes I was getting were always 82 or 46 I think, not 2, so I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why this link turned out to be my saviour. Good grief! I hate technology sometimes.... I could never find this version of the uninstaller anywhere - only after days of frantic searching and trial and error did I find this comment. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad's link information does help a lot. My issue is fixed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines