• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud won't update Adobe XD (reinstalling helps sometimes but not always)

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this exampel my colleage has version 28.9.12 and I cannot cooperate anymore because I'm working with 28.7.12.4. I have this lot's of times and sometimes I have to delete XD and install it again for 3 times before it updates. I thought I was the only one, but now my students have the same problem. Deleting and reinstalling, -> still not the latest version.

It is really frustrating when you are trying to get your student's inspered/motivated into UI/UX Design..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hello, 

Thank you for writing to us, 

Looks like as you described issue with CC tool

Work Around:- Kindly use this tool to remove only the creative cloud desktop app: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html.

Note:- This tool will ask to remove all the CC apps before cleaning CCD. 

Sorry for inconvience cause.  

Or you can move this issue to Creative cloud team.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeting Nangkov,

Sorry for the inconvience cause.

Please help me know one question:-

Are you facing this issue only with Adobe XD or have you seen that issue if you are using other Adobe Product also?

WorkAround:-

Signout from Creative cloud and signin again.

Hope above workaround will help you with issue.

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vertika,

I need to update XD again (see attachement), so I tried signing out and in again. Checking for updates, just results in a message: "You are up-to-date"!.
So no success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see now that it's not only XD, it's for all Adobe software.
So it's not an XD issue, it's a Creative Cloud issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for writing to us, 

Looks like as you described issue with CC tool

Work Around:- Kindly use this tool to remove only the creative cloud desktop app: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html.

Note:- This tool will ask to remove all the CC apps before cleaning CCD. 

Sorry for inconvience cause.  

Or you can move this issue to Creative cloud team.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vertika,

I faced a similar issue regarding Updating my Adobe XD, whereby upon clicking the update button led me to the page where i had to start my 7 day trial before needing to pay for subscription.

The solution you gave of signing out then in again instantly booted the updating process of Adobe XD perfectly.

Thank you,

My Regards,

KeiFong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you've hit this! You can check for the latest app updates in the Creative Cloud by going to Updates > ... (upper right corner) > Check for updates. This will force Creative Cloud to check for the latest available update in the cloud and will make it available to you immediately. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, but it does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the suggestion. I am moving this thread to Download and Install community so that our experts can assist your further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines