Highlighted

Creative Cloud won't update. Keeps looking for c++ 2019

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All.  Not sure where to post this.  Creative Cloud keeps trying to update itself and 2 of my apps, but when I click 'update', the process errors out with this message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.

Insert the Microsoft Visual C++2019X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.21.277702 disk and click OK.

This has been going on for some time since I upgraded to Win 10 Pro and then decided I didn't like it and downgraded back to Win 7 Pro.  Although Windows said the process to downgrade back to 7 was easy, turns out it wasn't and took some major re-configuring to make everything work again.  That's when these c++ errors started. I've downloaded and installed all the c++ versions I could find, but many would not install, giving me the same error as above.  Now CC and Photoshop and Bridge (the only apps calling for an upgrade) won't upgrade as they are all looking for 2019 C++.  Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Topics

Bug, Community Information, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud won't update. Keeps looking for c++ 2019

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All.  Not sure where to post this.  Creative Cloud keeps trying to update itself and 2 of my apps, but when I click 'update', the process errors out with this message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.

Insert the Microsoft Visual C++2019X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.21.277702 disk and click OK.

This has been going on for some time since I upgraded to Win 10 Pro and then decided I didn't like it and downgraded back to Win 7 Pro.  Although Windows said the process to downgrade back to 7 was easy, turns out it wasn't and took some major re-configuring to make everything work again.  That's when these c++ errors started. I've downloaded and installed all the c++ versions I could find, but many would not install, giving me the same error as above.  Now CC and Photoshop and Bridge (the only apps calling for an upgrade) won't upgrade as they are all looking for 2019 C++.  Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Topics

Bug, Community Information, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the links mentioned on the following page

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LinSims LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could more properly belong in either the Download & Install forum or the Creative Cloud Services forum. We'll try you out in Creative Cloud Services first since you seem to be talking about the desktop app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines