Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Won't Update Photoshop Due to "Adobe CR Daemon"

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to install the latest Photoshop update and Creative Cloud is throwing up an error, "Conflict Updating Photoshop Save and Close the Following Programs: Adobe CR Daemon"

I've already seen previous older posts about this and nothing works. I went into the Activity Monitor and closed the program. I hit continue on the error message and it still won't go away. I've tried closing Creative Cloud and restarting it after I've closed CR Daemon with no success.

What can I do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked... thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for 3 days (since update 22.4) and after many searches and various attempts I found this dialog... and this is the solution. Thank you very much Bob !2021-05-20_11-50-29.jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem but can't restart because I'm getting the error message "The finder won't quite because an operation is still in progress on an ios device." I can't figure out how to fix this either. The only device nearby is my phone and I turned it off to make sure it's not connecting.

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you stop the Finder can't quit because an operation is still in progress on an IOS device?
  • Press these keys together: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape)
  • This will open the Force Quit window.
  • Select Finder.
  • Then click Force Quit, this will restart Finder.

from here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+finder+won%27t+quite+because+an+operation+is+still+in+progress+o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have force quit the finder a couple times, but it hasn't helped my photoshop update or restarting problems. Maybe because my system's too old? Im' using Catalina 10.15.7. Can't update that because my computer's too old!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, the OS is new enough, using the same... 

You could try the approach to just cut of the power, or if it is a macbook to just let the battery drop to zero and wait a bit (about 3-4 hours) so that the battery is a hundret prozent empty, then plug it to the power again and it should make a clean new start, the finder problem might has fixed itself then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem! I saw this answer from a couple of years ago and tried it and it worked! Here it is just in case it happens again!

"Did you check the Activity Monitor?

Should be in Applications > Utilities folder

- Open it and look under the Process Name column and see if you see anything saying AdobeCrashDaemon

- Try to Quit the process if you find it and then running the Updater again

You should be able to initiate the updater from within any of the CS6 products from Help > Updates (that might be what you are doing already)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally, a process that works and isn't just restarting your computer lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines