• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Won't Update

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot update Creative Cloud desktop application. Says I need administrator privileges. Tried running as administrator, then updating. After running for an hour, installation failed and gave me the same message. What do I do? I just got a new computer, running Windows 8, and am installing my programs. Not all programs are installed, yet there's already an update to Creative Cloud, and I can't even access the programs I still need to install. I'm stuck. Please help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi h_trails,

Please let us know the exact error message you are getting.

To start please follow this link http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-u44m1p7-installing-updates-ccm.html and re-install the Adobe creative cloud from https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and launch the application.

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues. When I click to download the latest apps, the system just spins away and never starts a download. I have tried with Photoshop CC and with Acrobat XI.

thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same problem as perryblish.

Please let us know how to fix, it's really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as perryblish. I just purchased a new MacBook pro yesterday and was trying to install Adobe CS6. I downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud deskop app and when I click the 'Apps' tab, the circle in the middle just spins endlessly and the page does not load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be several different issues being discussed here, but for those who have the "spinning wheel - Apps" problem, I found this help page very useful: Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel.

Along the same lines as what morganinglis suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another installer is currently running which must be closed. Please close other installers (Error code 81)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any idea how many time I've had to uninstall and reinstall....this is rediculus...you guys are getting paid to much customers have to go through this repeatedly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to help.

The problem is : Adobe Creative Cloud application need Administrator Priviledges to run the updates.

The solution is :

First click the Creative Cloud update dialog box that popped-out in tray menu, then choose quit.

After that, you need to find the "Creative Cloud.exe" file. Usually it is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC".

After that, right click the "Creative Cloud.exe" file, choose "Run as administrator".

Wait until the Creative Cloud application opened and closed again then the Creative Cloud Updates will open.

Choose update, and I hope there will be no issues anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get it to work on a Mac? There is no exe file.

My CC program manager fails 99% of the time. I also cannot get Extensions Manager to update. What's the point of paying more than $50 per month if you can't get current updates easily? I really wish we could still get disc copies of these programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, very much appreciated. The only thing a little different is I had to kill all of the adobe tasks in task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your advice with Specko's was spot on and resolved the issue. It updates fine on my other systems so I think it's something this surface pro 6 does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem. I foolowed the instructions my problem is after making it run as administrator it refeused to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! Exactly the solution I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not update for me at all, no error message it gets to 100% progress, than disappears, when I try and open creative cloud I get the same screen prompt that updates are available, I click install and go through the same process over and over again.

What's up? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me too. No error message just disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too--totally sucks and it happens all the time which is why I hate cloud.  I jut want to get my work done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I can't download any apps or use most of my existing ones because it keeps prompting me up update, at which point it completes then the window disappears and its not updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any one solved this issue yet? Mine is doing the exact same thing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problems with the Creative Cloud updates. They install on some of our Macs but not others. My apps are up-to-date but others have only the first 2014 updates. The most recent updates are ignored.

Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried chatting with Adobe support and they were useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer. There was an AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file that I had to delete. Now all CC apps update normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me. My problem is new. Just got notified that there were updates to Photoshop and Bridge as well as Lightroom. Mostly has to do with new camera raw profiles (I have been using the beta of it for a few days). Basic issue is that the buttons for selecting updates aren't working, although I can check to see what's new. Could it be recent upgrade to OS 10.10.1 (Yosemite?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows users (which is me, for one) I deleted the AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file (located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdateInventory\1.0), then as Admin, I installed the direct download update for LR from ProDesignTools, here:  New Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools

Un-zipped the patch file, installed as Admin, and I now have ACR 9.2 and a new splash intro screen on board, including the Haze slider. And, as an added bonus, the Update button is no longer grayed out.

Lot of uncalled-for work, if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled and ....TADA!!! IT WORKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines