• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative suite 5

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook pro running Maverick if I up grade to Yosemite or El Capitan will I be able to use Creative suite 5

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, maybe not.  But one thing is certain, outdated Creative Suite will never work on Catalina.

Why do you want to upgrade from Maverick?  Are you having trouble with it? 

The rule of thumb is if you want to support older software, don't upgrade your operating system.  Stay where you are until you buy a new computer -- at which point you'll need modern software to go with it.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy thank you for getting back to me. Maverick is a terrible OS. I use Creative Suite 5 alot. Mainly Photoshop and Illustrator. Lately the OS is getting very slow. Takes a while to quit applications. At one point I had to do a hard boot to shut it down because even the force quit would not kick in. I called Apple and no help there, they do not support my system nor will they work on my macbook. Which is disappointing once a OS and device go past a certain time frame they wash their hands of it. Which is just poor customer service.

Again thanks, Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame you didn't buy a Windows PC at the time.  There's a lot more backwards compatibility for older software on Win10 than Apple.  But that ship has sailed.  Also Creative Suite is no longer sold by legitimate vendors in any country.   Start budgeting now for new equipment and software. 

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy I can’t thank you enough for your helpful information.  I apologize for not getting back to you,  but I have been in computer hell. Believe it or not I have a 2007 Mac Pro that I pulled out just in case my Macbook pro laptop died.  The system which is Maverick is running very slow.  Anyway believe it or not I managed to get Lion on this computer,  I uninstalled Adobe Dsign 3  and then reinstalled from the original disk plus I found my upgrade to Adobe design 4 and 5. And the app is running.  Now I just have to figure out what to do with the Macpro laptop . Anyway thank you and I wish you well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines