• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Trial Install, add ser# later?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a new Windows 10 laptop we are trying out and have CS 5.5 and CS6 on the old Win7 PC..

I was going to install CS6 and noticed 2 options, full install with key number or 30 day trial installation. Since there is a chance that this PC may be exchanged for another if we don''t get all the issues resolved, if I install as a trial is there a way to add the license key number at the end of the trial or must I uninstall and reinstall with the license key option?

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Yes, you can enter the serial number after the trial expires.

When you try to open it, you will be prompted for the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Hi @Mike_zZ1,

Adobe changed the free trial period to 7 days. So I'm not sure you'll get a full 30 days of trial use.

Be sure to get the latest Win10 updates and the latest graphics drivers from your card mfg's website BEFORE you install any software. 

@Peru Bob is correct about asking Adobe to reset your activation count but that's literally ALL they can do for you.  CS6 is discontinued and no longer supported.  Use at your own risk.

For best results, step up to a Creative Cloud plan.  Unl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only ever entered a key during install, but I think going to the help screen has an activation option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can enter the serial number after the trial expires.

When you try to open it, you will be prompted for the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I don't want the serial number ever having been on this incase we exchange. I suppose the restore to factory option would wipe everything but don't want to risk ativation problems later.

Anyone have experience with CS6 or CS5 on Windows 10? Supposedly if installed with Win7 compatibility as administrator it should run without a problem. At work I used to use a Win7 that had been upgraded to Win10 with CS6 but never did a clean install on a new Win10 PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but don't want to risk ativation problems later.

You can go to Adobe Customer Service Chat and ask to have your activations reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mike_zZ1,

Adobe changed the free trial period to 7 days. So I'm not sure you'll get a full 30 days of trial use.

Be sure to get the latest Win10 updates and the latest graphics drivers from your card mfg's website BEFORE you install any software. 

@Peru Bob is correct about asking Adobe to reset your activation count but that's literally ALL they can do for you.  CS6 is discontinued and no longer supported.  Use at your own risk.

For best results, step up to a Creative Cloud plan.  Unlike discontinued CS products, CC apps are regularly updated to stay compatible with the latest equipment and operating systems.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that CS 5.5 amd CS6 do run well on windows 10. I only set the installers to Win7 compatibilty and run as admin, did not change anything after install. After launching a CS app I get a countdown, now on 22 days to activate or continue trial. Thanks for the driver suggestions, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines