• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Credit Card abuse

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to use the 7 day trial of an adobe product.  I entered my credit card.  Without authorization, there were two charges for $1 on my card.  Second later, my card was used to purchase jewelry online.  I closed my account and my card.  But I continue to get emails demanding payment.  I attempted to contact Adobe via chat to figure out what is going on and to make a complaint.  The person on the chat eventually asked for my credit card number!  I asked for someone to call me and was told that is impossible.  What is going on with this company?  Beware.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the second charge was a refund? It's normal to charge then refund to check the card is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bank is the one who told me that there were two charges for $1.  I assume they know a debit from a credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's fair to say there's every likelihood your computer is infected with spyware.  Going forward, I think you should refrain from making online purchases until you get your computer disinfected and better firewall & anti-spyware software installed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I continue to purchase from Amazon, Walmart, and other online sellers every day without one problem.  The only issue has come through Adobe.  But I just wanted to give others a heads up.  And hope that Adobe would try to identify the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines