• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

credit card payment problems

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried contacting Adobe over chat to try and resolve this, but the chat applet just hangs each time I've tried it (tested in Safari and Chrome browsers on a 2013 Macbook pro running Mavericks) I've got a couple of messages from Adobe indicating that they couldn't take payment from my credit card.  Same credit card that they've been using for over a year.  I spoke to the credit card company, they say there is no problem with the card and that Adobe has not tried to take payment.  I got them to check twice, so they are 100% sure that this is the case.

There doesn't seem to be any point in re-entering the credit card details, it's a corporate credit card and nothing has changed.

I can't find a telephone number to speak to Adobe about this and the emails sent to me are from a "noreply" email address.

Help!  How do I speak to someone to find out what the problem is and fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 262 Replies 262
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to recap: asking questions via chat doesn't work (as the chat doesn't work, or there is constantly no-one there), there's no telephone number to call and no email address to contact Adobe about billing issues.

My last resort was to try via this forum and guess what - still no answer from Adobe!

Please, please, won't you fix YOUR problem so that you can take MY money?

I guess that these problems stem back to where Adobe lost all of that sensitive customer credit card information to hackers, so I can understand you being busy sorting out the aftermath of that disaster, but please - give me some way of sorting this out with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lars64

Could you please confirm the last 2 digits of the card that should be used for payment.  I can see that a different card was used for the November payment which wasn't successful.

We can then investigate further.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you guys really are in a mess aren't you.  I feel bad for you, but really you need to be more proactive with your customers over the problems that you are experiencing.  Not let them find out when you send them a "sorry to see you leave" message!

I've checked my account.  Your "Payment Info" shows xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-1234 where '1234' is really the CORRECT numbers of my corporate Visa card (to be clear 1234 is a made up number, my card ends in a different 4 numbers).  However, in "Edit Payment Info" the last 4 digits are from a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARD.

It looks like you've scrambled up some of your credit card records.

I've taken a screen shot of this that you are welcome to, but I guess that you already know all about this issue.

Do you want me to leave the Payment Info as-is so that you can see your problem, or do you want me to re-enter the correct (unchanged) credit card details?

Also, I know that you've stated publicly that you've informed all of the credit card companies that your records were compromised, but you should know that HSBC do not appear to have been informed.  At least when I spoke to their on-line fraud prevention department they were completely unaware of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lars64

Please could you re-enter the credit card details.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've re-entered the card details.  When I did this, it STILL showed the old last 4 digits.  So, I exited that section, then went back in and it's now showing the RIGHT last 4 digits (i.e. the same card that you have been charging for over a year).  If you want to look at that bug, I am running Mavericks and Safari 7.0 (9537.71).

Incidentally I noticed that the bill amount was higher than previously.  You've also lost our VAT number (I wonder how many of those you've lost?) and that accounted for the difference.  I guess you are billing from an EC country (like Ireland) to the UK, so have to add VAT unless you have the correct VAT number.

What a mess.  Please try to take payment again and let me know if there are any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the details & providing additional info.

The VAT ID still shows on your account so I'll investigate this and get back to you.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I added the VAT number back in.  Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lars64

The payment has now processed successfully.  However, VAT was charged so I'll arrange a refund for this amount.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I may have the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can i please have your help or someone from Adobe, i am having real trouble navigationg your site to find a real website to actually recieve this "support' you speck of, i am also unable to update may debit card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beverly,

I am having a similar problem. I have the correct credit card number entered on my account, but every time the payment is submitted to my bank, the expiration date used is not correct so the charge is rejected. I have called four times and even have a case number (

Case ADB-303199-K3W6), but now every time I call the operator says the case has been 'escalated to the next level.' I have asked to speak to the person at the next level, but I am told that is not possible. I asked to speak to a manager, but that is not possible. TWICE I have been told my problem will be resolved and I will get a call in 24-hours, but I have not gotten a call. It has been five business days. The subscription for the team member in question has been canceled so SHE CANNOT WORK RIGHT NOW. As you can imagine- I am very frustrated, but I am trying not to take it out on the poor operator who answers the phone, but obviously has no power to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this exact situation is happening to me at the moment. it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skeet McPeet III

I'll look into this and let you know when resolved.

Regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same problem as all these guys.  I got a one year suscripcion, the first month there was no issue with the credit card payment, second month, you send me an email saying something is wrong with my credit card. my bank says everything is alright, all my other suscriptions to services like netflix, get their payment as usual. I checked my credit card info, everything is right, but everytime I try to re enter my credit card information, the page tells me the credit card number is invalid.  Now I'm left with only 6 more days of active creative cloud, then I'll go into the dark.  I can't afford not having all my CC software, I need to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gigigardy,

I have checked your account and seen you have been in touch with our customer support recently.

Please follow the instructions given by the customer respresentative.

Thank you for your patience.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem! Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi /inésr47412855,

Please let us know if any further follow-up is required as I find that you were able to purchase a subscription few days ago.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skeet McPeet III

I'll arrange a callback to assist with updating your payment details - it looks like we may not have the updated details.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me.  I can't use my adobe.  very very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the problem that I have re-entered my company credit card, did online chat, spent 3 hours on the phone and still my credit card is not valid. I have contacted my bank, they do not show that there has even been an attempt by adobe to process any the the payment attempts that I have made (I've re-entered my credit card information 20 times, do you think there might be a problem?!?) If you would like me to pay for the licenses that I have, please figure out how to take my money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say that my payment was finally taken and I've had a confirmation email.

If people are having similar issues, it's probably best to start your own thread so that Adobe can respond to you directly.

It is a very strange state of affairs where a business customer can only get help with billing issues through a public forum, but that's Adobe's decision I guess.

Thank you Bev for your help and I'm glad this is finally sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhalstead

I'll arrange for someone to contact you to assist with this.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been on the phone regarding credit card details not being accepted, have talked to several individuals but keep getting transferred then going on hold.

Initially called Adobe support this morning at approx 11am am still sitting on hold now at 2:49 pm.

I have existing subscriptions to Creative Cloud and are trying to purchase a subscription to FormsCetnral. Very frustrating to say the least, I've also emailed support with no response.

I see you have helped these two fine people Bev if you are able to speed the process for me too I'd be ever so grateful.

PS Still on hold now 5:00 pm and hanging up, I'm going to need psychological counseling

Message was edited by: RedCloud67

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RedCloud67

I will check with our finance team why the order for FormsCentral isn't being accepted.  Will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines