• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 3 Reinstall is no longer possible due to no activation servers LOCKED

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight my CS3 stopped working, saying I need to re-activate it.

But, clicking "reactivation" online didnt work, or does the phone in activation because Adobe does do that anymore as per when you dial the phoen number for phone activation.

I followed the online procedures at ADobe's site to fix this which include entering my CS3's serial number in order to get a new serial number.

I got the new.

Then I downloaded a installer app called: Akamai_NetSession_Installer.dmg

which helps download the following two installers for CS3:

ADBESTWDCS3_ESD1_WWE.dmg

STWDCS3_Cont_WWE.dmg

I ran the installers and installedll of the CS 3

Then when I launched Photoshop it gave me the same activation window I initially got earlier tonight.

I cant get help on the phone.

I need to get this working, I have a job to ge tout the door asap

Any help appreciated

Jack Frisch

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

If you're using a DMG installer, I  assume you're on a Mac, not Windows,  right? 

Keep in mind that legacy CS3 is not guaranteed to run on modern equipment.  That is the risk you take with older, unsupported software. 

See the correct answer below for details on getting a replacement installer and new serial number that doesn't require activation.  Follow the steps very carefully.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Delete the old Adobe PCD folder from

Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the cache.db in

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\

Hopefully that will correct the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frsch,

As you have mentioned you are unable to reactivate your Adobe CS3 suite, please try the troubleshooting steps shared by Jeff to resolve this issue.

The more detailed steps are given here: Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8.

Let us know if this helps.

Moving this discussion to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a DMG installer, I  assume you're on a Mac, not Windows,  right? 

Keep in mind that legacy CS3 is not guaranteed to run on modern equipment.  That is the risk you take with older, unsupported software. 

See the correct answer below for details on getting a replacement installer and new serial number that doesn't require activation.  Follow the steps very carefully.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Delete the old Adobe PCD folder from

Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/

Finally, old CS installers are not compatible with Mac Sierra and higher.   See link below for the terminal workaround..

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

And when you're ready to upgrade to modern software, here are the Creative Cloud Plans.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Good catch.

I don't know how i missed the part about dmg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this hasn't generated a lawsuit yet. It's like adobe is perpetually trying to block use of products we bought and paid for and continued to upgrade for years at tremendous expense.  I bought CS3 new several years ago and succeeded - with adobe's help - in installing it on my Windows 10 laptop.  Unfortunately it did not install Illustrator.  Now I need Illustrator and discover the only way to do it is to uninstall all of CS3. You guessed it, now nothing works and supposedly I have to "reactivate" it.  But it's no longer supported.  At this point, I would prefer to just get a refund for the product and we can go our separate ways. I think it was about $500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3 and earlier are now completely dead products

The activation servers have been retired, so there is no way to use the programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines