• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS-4

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone tell me how to transfer CS-4 to my new compouter?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

You don't transfer programs, you put your disc in the drive and do a new install

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't transfer programs, you put your disc in the drive and do a new install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new computer doesn't have a disc drive. I want to install the same program that I own already.  I have the serial number for installation.  Can I download it, use my serial # and use it as before  ?

Thank you,  Kathy Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get plug-in disk drives which are inexpensive. 

Or you can read on another computer and move it with a USB key.

Don't expect ancient software to work well on a new computer, or work at all on a new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 - CS6 - 32 & 64 bit works fine with Windows 8.1 ... Dual core processor with 4GB RAM - Adobe refers you to use something old and outdated like XP , Vista, and other OS that you can't possibly still have that works - because they don't know/ and won't say because they want you to rent what they have now

Don't know about it working with Windows 10 - or with a Quad or Dual Quad cores with 8GB of RAM

Look on your computer ..."Control Panel" - under ..."System"... and it'll show what processor you have - if it's a Quad Core... it's a little iffy ... it may run a little erratic... kinda like a kid walking in shoes that are too big for his/her feet

If you're going to use anything ... use an SD card ... a 16GB SanDisk SD card is only $7.99 - Target - if you don't have a card reader to plug it into ... you can also get a Vivitar USB card reader at Target for like $9 - Trust me... It's $20 well spent 

and  ...

If you have a disc - go to Kinkos/FedEx and they'll transfer it to an SD card for like 10 bucks - Two years ago they did that for a friend when I put his CS6 on his computer without a DVD drive ... or have a friend who has a disc drive transfer the disc to the SD card

Flash drives/thumb drives are unreliable and can sometimes not work right and sometimes just stop working for no reason at all - They're cheap ... but double the price and use a SD card and you won't regret it - plus most laptops and desktops have card readers installed instead of Optic drives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can I download it"

No, Adobe only offers the current version and the one previous for download (with a Creative Cloud subscription), and it's a function of the OS that the application must be installed and not transferred. CS4 may or may not actually work on a new OS.

Typically, if you want to keep using old software, you need to keep the same hardware and OS. When you change one component, sometimes you have to change all.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy ... when you write ..."serial number"... do you mean ... "product key"... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody here by that name.

No.  A license key is a 24-digit alphanumeric redemption code.  Not the same thing as a serial number.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/student-teacher-serial-product-code.html

The Adobe serial number is used to activate the product after installation.

If product was registered, log-in to your account below to find your serial number.
https://account.adobe.com/products

That said, CS4 is outdated, discontinued and unsupported.  It might work or it might not.  Use at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. They can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that particular media version and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy Creative Suite.
--------------------------
NOTE: Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

MacOS Catalina is not an option as it cannot support older 32-bit apps.

Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines