• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 5.5 Activation starts itself (do not reinstall)

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using C.S. 5.5 at my PC for a few years. 

Yesterday night, I opened it, an Activation window pops up. 

"Activation Required

Activating ---

We are contacting Adobe to activate this copy of Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard..."

Activation failed,

(i) Why the activation process was on (no reinstallation). 

(ii) Checked Customer Services Adobe, one said the activation center is closed, one said the center is still working, and pass me the "Trouble Shoot" . But there is no relevant solution.

(iii) Some of my colleagues also using CS 5.5 but face no problem.

Activation Failed CS 5.5.jpg

reply2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason your cs5.5 was deactivated. if that was not an enterprise license, you can activate (for now) with the serial number.

before doing that, you might want to restart your computer and retry using a cs5.5 program. but if that activation prompt reappears, you have no option other than to re-activate using your serial number or you will not be able to use your cs5.5 programs.

p.s. in the not distant future the activation servers for 5.5 will age out and you will not be able to reactivate. that happened first to cs2, then cs3 and then cs4.  cs5, cs5.5 and cs6 almost certainly will follow the trend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs, 

Thanks for your reply. 

We tried several times but activation failed (activation prompt reappears, keep loading) and now we could not use our CS5.5

I would like to raise that when we bought the CS5.5, there was no "reminder" that we would face this activation issue. So we should be able to keep using it as we wish. We are satisfied with functions provided by CS5.5 and need no additional functions.  May I know if there is any way to solve our problem?

Looking forward to your reply. 

Regards, 

Tony 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's no way to use your cs5.5 beyond the trial period unless it's activated.  there's no work-around and once the activation servers age-out, there won't be any way to activate cs5.5, at all.

that said, the activation servers for cs5.5 are still functioning so the problem is on your end.  what that problem is, i do not know.  a common problem is an adobe entry in the hosts file; check for that.

if that fails, if you have nothing else adobe on your computer, and if you have nothing to lose, you could:

1. (properly) uninstall your cs5.5 using the uninstaller(s)

2. clean your computer of cs files, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

3.  restart your computer

4.  reinstall your cs5.5

5.  retry activating with your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines