Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 6.5 - Support for Re-install and will it run on High Sierra

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background - - -

I am semi-retired and use several Adobe apps - mostly Photoshop and InDesign running on a 2015 MacBook Pro Mac OS 10.11.6 - El Capitan. I want to upgrade my MacBook with a 1 TB SSD, but the SSD comes with Mac OS 10.13 - High Sierra. 

Questions - - -

Does CS 6.5 run on High Sierra?

Will Adobe support me in reinstalling that legacy software version 6.5?

Thank you in advance and best regards, 

Paul

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st - I don't know

2nd - No, support for CS6 has ended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John, 

I have the CS 6 DMG (Install file) - would it work? Or would Adobe need to 'activate' that software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if your install file will work... if it does, you enter your serial number when asked

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to keep your museum software running as long as possible, don't mess with the system. Especially don't upgrade macOS. If you want to run later stuff, consider dual boot. There is, by the way, no CS 6.5. Maybe it was 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines