• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

CS2 - yes it's old, so am I but can you help, please?

Neu hier ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

I downsized my business some time ago. I've been using CS2 for a number of years as it meets my needs. I know it's no longer supported and while I still have an Adobe account I can't get phone support. Upgrading is not a viable option as I wouldn't use it enough. I clicked on my shortcut as usual and got the following message "The installer seems to have written the wrong AUM Application ID"

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 1 richtige Antwort

LEGENDE , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

It is not clear what you are trying to do, but reading the information provided thru the first link, and downloading the software and activation code via the second link should be all you need.  If you happen to be trying to do this on a machine with a newer operating system you might be out of luck.

CS2: Error: Activation Server Unavailable | CS2, Acrobat 7, Audition 3 -

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
LEGENDE ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Kopiert

It is not clear what you are trying to do, but reading the information provided thru the first link, and downloading the software and activation code via the second link should be all you need.  If you happen to be trying to do this on a machine with a newer operating system you might be out of luck.

CS2: Error: Activation Server Unavailable | CS2, Acrobat 7, Audition 3 -

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Kopiert

Many thanks Ned. In the end I subscribed to InDesign CC, which meets my needs for the foreseeable.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Kopiert

What I find frustrating is how random this error seems to be. I've been running InDesign CS2 and other CS2 programs fine on Windows 10 for two years now, but just today, InDesign gave me the same error, and there don't seem to be any consistent fixes for it, or even any explanation of why this happened. It worked fine a month ago. Photoshop still worked fine today. But InDesign threw this error, and most of the solutions found on the internet seem to be either "try deleting this registry key" or "go buy a newer version" accompanied by comments of "you're SOL" or "why are you even using such ancient software?" I don't use the suite enough for a subscription to CC to be worth my money, unfortunately, and there's no way to acquire a newer-but-not-subscription-based Creative Suite at this point.

However, if anyone else stumbles across this thread like me, what did end up working was a suggestion I did find in one thread. Use the Windows 10 Search box to get to the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter (searching "run programs for previous versions of Windows" worked) and run it, and let it find the best settings for the program, then save those settings.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Kopiert

I had this problem pop up, running CS2 on Win10

Thought I was toast but the fix was way easier than I thought it could be.

From Microsoft:

Enter the name of the program in the search box on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the search result, and then select Open file location.

Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

First, select Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. (Note that DPI scaling issues won’t be resolved with the troubleshooter, so refer to the table below for other options.)

If you’re still experiencing compatibility problems, adjust one or more of the following settings and select OK when you’re done.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Kopiert

AKTUELL

Thank you so much for this. I had the exact same problem out of the blue today. I went and found the InDesign.exe file in Program Files (x86) etc etc. and set it for Windows XP Svc Pack 3 compatibility and InDesign runs again. 
I too have this software left over from a previous lifetime in desktop publishing, and use it occasionally - but nowhere near enough to justify a sub to any CS options. 

So thank you very much for the fix - awesome!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines