Highlighted

CS3 Activation-the solution!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, we have the solution working here:

The problem is that the old serial number remains on the PC in a common file even after removing CS3.

Here is what worked for us:

1. Go to Adobe support page, key in CS3 activation. It will bring up the page on Activation or Connection error.

2. Sign in with Adobe login or create one.

3. It will ask for your CS3 serial number.  Key it in.  The page will respond with a new CS3 serial number.

4. Note the links further down this page for installing the new CS3.

5. Close out of CS3 and out of any browsers.

6. Go to control panel and de-install CS3 completely.

7. When this is finished, use File Explorer to find the AdobePCD folder in the c:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. Delete this AdobePCD folder. This is the one that has the old serial number that is preventing the new activation and it is not deleted by de-installing CS3.

8. Now click on each of the two file links (file 1 of 2 and file 2 of 2) noted above on the CS3 install page. These will spawn a loader program which you must accept and will take quite a quite a while to load. In the middle of the first load, a box will open noting a missing AdobePDF.dll file. Use the browse button and find the file at c:Windows/sysWow64/ Once you have chosen this path, click okay.  The first file load will complete, then click on file 2 of 2 and let it load.

9. Once the loads complete, open CS3. This time it will ask for the new serial number obtained from the Adobe website above. Key it in as noted.

10. Open CS3 again.  It will bring up a box to register. Click on "Never Register." Now you are done.

I have opened and used CS3 several times since the above procedure.  There is no longer an activation request.  So far, every function is working with Windows 10 (even if the program is not certified for Win10.)

I hope this will help someone avoid the hours I spent yesterday loading and reloading.

Topics

Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
This conversation has been locked.

CS3 Activation-the solution!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, we have the solution working here:

The problem is that the old serial number remains on the PC in a common file even after removing CS3.

Here is what worked for us:

1. Go to Adobe support page, key in CS3 activation. It will bring up the page on Activation or Connection error.

2. Sign in with Adobe login or create one.

3. It will ask for your CS3 serial number.  Key it in.  The page will respond with a new CS3 serial number.

4. Note the links further down this page for installing the new CS3.

5. Close out of CS3 and out of any browsers.

6. Go to control panel and de-install CS3 completely.

7. When this is finished, use File Explorer to find the AdobePCD folder in the c:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. Delete this AdobePCD folder. This is the one that has the old serial number that is preventing the new activation and it is not deleted by de-installing CS3.

8. Now click on each of the two file links (file 1 of 2 and file 2 of 2) noted above on the CS3 install page. These will spawn a loader program which you must accept and will take quite a quite a while to load. In the middle of the first load, a box will open noting a missing AdobePDF.dll file. Use the browse button and find the file at c:Windows/sysWow64/ Once you have chosen this path, click okay.  The first file load will complete, then click on file 2 of 2 and let it load.

9. Once the loads complete, open CS3. This time it will ask for the new serial number obtained from the Adobe website above. Key it in as noted.

10. Open CS3 again.  It will bring up a box to register. Click on "Never Register." Now you are done.

I have opened and used CS3 several times since the above procedure.  There is no longer an activation request.  So far, every function is working with Windows 10 (even if the program is not certified for Win10.)

I hope this will help someone avoid the hours I spent yesterday loading and reloading.

Topics

Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. I can not thank you enough!!!!!!!!!! Finally a fix

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO, SO, SO much! I have spent 3 days, and countless hours on chat and the phone with Adobe.  I uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times and nothing worked!  I followed your step by step instructions, and am now up and running. I think the missing element is manually deleting the AdobePCD folder!  THANKS AGAIN!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat. thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent a link to your page and it has resolved this issue for me too.  I spent a number of days uninstalling and reinstalling CS3 to no avail.  Thanks for your solution!!  Much appreciated and relieved!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Mac so I need help getting this program up and working again.

I am over the somersaults that have been plaguing me for weeks now. I even looked at Affinity Photo which I'll certainly get if this nightmare continues. Adobe should be ashamed of itself for treating it's users with so much indifference and contempt.This crazy idea was bound to create aggravation  and that was a really bad business move on it's part. Throwing long time users under the bus just to earn a few extra bucks was a really poor business move.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines