• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 installation / reinstall error messages

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to reinstall CS3 from Adobe download reinstall and one part successfully completed, but got an Errors: 1 component(s): Adobe Photoshop CS3 Component install failed.  Tried uninstall and reinstall and still get the same.  Now what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Ruthlang in addition to the suggestions offered by Kglad and John I would also recommend reviewing Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .  If you are installing Creative Suite 3, on a computer with another Adobe licensed software title, then it is vital you remove any installed Adobe software and delete the cache.db file.  Until the cache.db file is removed you will continue to receive activation errors for Creative Suite 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

make sure your os is compatible

make sure your av is suspended

make sure you're installing with admin privileges

if that fails, use your install logs to better define the problem, Troubleshoot install issues with log files in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6, CS5.5, CS5), PS Elements, a...

if you post again, mention your os.

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with CS3 (not CS5 or CS6 as mentioned in the reply) installing for Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Having uninstalled (including using Creative Cloud Cleaner) and reinstalled following the instructions of Adobe Customer Support, I now get an error message stating "Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance."

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

you should uninstall using the uninstallers and afterwards clean:

uninstall cs3 (using the uninstaller)

clean per http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

remove the cache.db file from Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

restart your computer

follow the steps here to install cs3, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

if that fails read this, https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

also, you have an additional problem because sierra's not compatible with older software, but adobe's posted a work-around:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I have undertaken all those steps already, and still have the same issue. As previously noted, I am using a mac for this, and require activation of CS3 (the other links are for CS4, 5, 5.5 and 6). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need activation using the link i posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the installation doesn't get that far, it gives the error message stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st, you must go to the ...fails-cs3... link and sign in and follow the process to be given a new serial number and the link to download a new installer... your existing CS3 will not work

2nd, if the "work-around" link doesn't work for you, it is because CS3 is simply too old to install on Sierra... which is due to Apple changing their operating system so much that old programs won't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

I have uninstalled, cleaned, and reinstalled, as previously outlined. I would be grateful if, given this information, Adobe would either confirm that CS3 can no longer be used with the OS stated, or to provide a fix to enable use to continue without subscription to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe no longer supports cs3.

your best bet is to meticulously follow the steps and suggestions in message 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruthlang in addition to the suggestions offered by Kglad and John I would also recommend reviewing Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .  If you are installing Creative Suite 3, on a computer with another Adobe licensed software title, then it is vital you remove any installed Adobe software and delete the cache.db file.  Until the cache.db file is removed you will continue to receive activation errors for Creative Suite 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this includes removal of Acrobat Reader and Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

000art I would recommend removing at least Adobe Reader.  Flash Player installations are not related to the Creative Suite installation. 

Although you could possibly run into an installation conflict if you try to install an old Flash Player version, over a current installation, as part of a Flash CS3 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Thank You! After knocking my head into the wall on this for days, I finally have it taken care of! I did not get rid of Reader or Flash but only followed one of the steps mentioned above:

"7. When this is finished, use File Explorer to find the AdobePCD folder in the c:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. Delete this AdobePCD folder. This is the one that has the old serial number that is preventing the new activation and it is not deleted by de-installing CS3."

It worked!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome 000art!

For future viewers of this discussion please review Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 if the steps listed in this discussion are not leading to you successfully opening and licensing Creative Suite 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines