• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 master collection "maximum number of activations allowed...has been reached", previously installed on 2006 imac that has been disposed by managment, so no way to deactivate, any help?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 master collection "maximum number of activations allowed...has been reached", previously installed on 2006 imac that has been disposed by managment, so no way to deactivate, any help?

my enduser id is 20037502 contract number 4400044113 invoice number 15267602

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Serial number and activation support (non-CC)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact activation support by web chat.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serial number and activation support (non-CC)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for a Windows Version of CS3 and was told by chat support that CS3 is no longer supported via chat support and that I needed to post on the forums. Can anyone assist me in this? I have all the documentation and serial number for Design Standard CS3 but no longer have access to the machines the initial copy was activated on. The machines have been discarded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the people in chat refuse to reset your activations there is nothing anyone here can do to change that - activation support is their responsibility.  For them to turn you to the forums is something they should know better to not do.  No one in these forums can reset your activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it was very strange. This was the chat:

Hunter Richard: just trying to activate CS3 on my computer - but I am told the number of activations has been reached. Can we deactivate the previous versions? It must be in stalled on a computer that is no longer in service
Shrey Singh: As it is a CS3 version I cannot check the serialization. You can visit forums.adobe.com for further assistance
Hunter Richard: I don't understand
Hunter Richard: I just need the serial number to be reactivated
Hunter Richard: or for the previous installations to be deactivated
Shrey Singh: Richard as it is an old product, I cannot process the request for this. Hence you can visit forums.adobe.com for further assistance
Hunter Richard: can I be directed to antoher department?
Hunter Richard: I've already been transferred three times
Shrey Singh: Richard there is no phone/chat support for this product. The only way to get support is to visit forums
Hunter Richard: So there is no support for CS3?
Hunter Richard: I was told on the phone there is chat support
Shrey Singh: I am really sorry Richard but the support is only via forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to get clarification from one of the staff people in these forums, but if you have a volume license I have seen where support denies help and the staff indicate only support can help (leaving you chasing your tail) and the volume license makes it an issue all around.  I can't say more because I don't understand it.  If it is a normal (non-volume)  license then you should only have to ask chat support to deactivate (be careful not to ask anything else)

If you have patience you can try your luck with someone new in chat, but remember... only ask for deactvation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned. I was told it was a volume license unfortunately. Does that mean I'm out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I do not understand it so I cannot answer.  Try contacting one of the staff people in this forum and see what they can do to offer an explanation.  Go to the following forum page and select the first staff person listed in the top participants list to the right side (Jeff)  ... Downloading, Installing, Setting Up    ... when you get to his profile page use the link to send him a private message to ask for an explanation - provide a link to your posting and he might answer here for all to be able to come to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Ned for asking me to review this discussion. Volume licenses can be a bit tricky.

Hunterr20328299 volume licenses for Creative Suite 3 do not include activation technology.  Are you receiving the message that the serial number is invalid?  If so then please make sure you have not migrated/transferred your installation to another computer.

If will also be necessary to use the volume licensing version of the installation files.  They will be available under the deploy-id, and often end-user id, of the account.  The installation files and serial number can be found at https://licensing.adobe.com/.  If you face any difficulties with access then I would recommend speaking with our volume licensing support team.  You can contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.  I would recommend verifying that you are chatting with the volume licensing team. 

If you continue to face difficulties can you please post a case number from your interaction with our support team that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Ned -

We finally got CS3 loaded on our computers. Woo Hoo! When we went to register the product it is giving us an error message yesterday and today that we cannot connect to the lisencing server.

Any thoughts or do they not need to be registered?

These were downloaded from Volume licensing - Adobe CS3

Creative Design Suite Standard for the MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natalieb63313739 great news that you were able to install CS3 successfully!  The registration technology Creative Suite 3 is trying to access has been discontinued.  In later versions registration was automatic as part of the installation process.  Your serial number is already registered as you were able to retrieve it from https://licensing.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff - so we can just ignore the registration pop up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I believe it should give the option of Do not Remind me again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same problem. Can't deactivate it on an old computer, installed it on my new computer and it says it will expire in 30 days even though it sees a valid key. Chatted with volume support and they said this:

"I have checked and found that this is a CS3 version, and the support for this is only available on Adobe forums, you need to contact the forums team and an expert from support team will help you."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines