• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 re-activation after reinstall [CS3 is dead]

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After migrating to a new disk, my CS3 Design Premium suite no longer is 'activated'. I am running MacOS 10.14.5 and the internet connection does not work (hasn't for years). I can no longer re-activate via telephone.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and am stuck at the same place: Activation - No Connection. Well, duh!

I've chatted with support, but they are unable to assist, except for pointing me here.

Yes, I know CS3 is old. It serves my purposes just fine. Isn't there some way around this?

Thanks in advance.

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and earlier are completely dead products... you may not activate at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Snark lamp on* Well, I'm so happy they bothered to tell me before they killed it. * Snark lamp off*

What was the point of registering an email address if it's not used to communicate important information? There seems to be an implicit assumption that everyone needs to upgrade. I have been perfectly happy with CS3 for these many years and have had no need to update. It is quite disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

!2 years of use is nothing to sneeze at.  You had a good long run while it lasted.  When the aging activation servers stopped working, Adobe did their best to keep support going for as long as it was practical to do so.  But nowadays, CS3 is no longer viable for modern equipment users.  Most people can't install much less run the software anymore.   So CS 1 - 3 are dead.  And CS 4 - 6 are on life support. 

OPTIONS:

Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=======================

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scan, run away.  Creative Suite has not been sold legally since 2017 when Adobe discontinued it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines