• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Design Premium trial download defaults to user folder instead of Program Files folder

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new laptop does not have an optical drive, so I am trying to install CS4 via the downloads provided at https://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html. When I initiate the install, it defaults to installing in my user folder instead of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) folders. However, when I change the path to Program Files or Program Files (x86), I get a permissions error even though I'm using an admin profile.

Every time I've installed CS4 from the disks, it defaulted to Progam files. 

This is a brand new laptop and CS4 is the 3rd app I've attempted to install. The two before it were Chrome and Origin (game client), both defaulted to x86 & x64 and x86, respectively.

Since it's Windows that decides where best to install something, other than changing the owner of my C drive to me, any ideas how I can get this installation to default to x86 or x64 ?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Are you sure it's the installer running, rather than just the installer unpacking?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's the installer running, rather than just the installer unpacking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx so much for that. I've never had to install it this way, so I didn't know what to expect. So it never occurred to me that it could be something that simple. You just made my holiday. I hope you enjoy yours or at least the day if you don't observe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the stores open tomorrow in your part of the worls go out and buy a external CD/DVD drive that connects by USB port. You can then use the original install DVD/s to install CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines