Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5.5 on Mac osSierra

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to change my system from Mavericks to osSierra and need to use my CS5 license there.

Does someone know if this CS is compatible to osSierra?

Thanks

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

(Moving to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​)

Hi Leon,

As you have mentioned you would like to upgrade your computers operating system to the latest Mac OS Sierra and then install Adobe CS5 on it.

Adobe CS5 is a pretty old software and Adobe has not tested it on the latest operating systems hence they may or may not work, however you may try installing them as it has worked in many cases.

If you face any trouble doing that then you may refer to the following help document: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Moving to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​)

Hi Leon,

As you have mentioned you would like to upgrade your computers operating system to the latest Mac OS Sierra and then install Adobe CS5 on it.

Adobe CS5 is a pretty old software and Adobe has not tested it on the latest operating systems hence they may or may not work, however you may try installing them as it has worked in many cases.

If you face any trouble doing that then you may refer to the following help document: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have CS5 installed, and updated to 10.12 Sierra. Fortunately, my Photoshop and other CS5 programs kept working. (Maybe some loss of templates or menu icons...?) Now, I'm wanting to upgrade to 10.13, High Sierra, and am wondering if CS5 will keep working? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines