Highlighted

CS5 Design Premium 32 bits refused on macOS Catalina - can I have 64 bits installer?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on my iMac I had CS5 Design Premium 32 bit installed, working just fine. I have upgrade it to macOS Catalina which apparently doesn't support anymore 32 bits applications. Is it possible to get the 64 bit installer for CS5?

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CS5 Design Premium 32 bits refused on macOS Catalina - can I have 64 bits installer?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on my iMac I had CS5 Design Premium 32 bit installed, working just fine. I have upgrade it to macOS Catalina which apparently doesn't support anymore 32 bits applications. Is it possible to get the 64 bit installer for CS5?

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... Adobe no longer supports CS5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Is it possible to get the 64 bit installer for CS5?

None exists. You'll have to subscribe to the Creative Cloud to continue using your Adobe apps on Catalina. There's no way around that. Mojave was the end of the road for all 32 bit apps on Mac. Cataline is 64 bit only.

Your only other option is to downgrade your operating system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple made sure no apps more than a year old can run. Even with CC, you must run CC2020. Apple wanted everyone to buy new apps. In a couple of years, thanks to the Apple Silicon project, this will happen again. Subscriptions begin to look very good value...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines