• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 activation limit reached - cannot reset count.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Dreamweaver CS6 installed on one PC.  I just cancelled my CC subscription after a year and decided to return to using DW CS6.  However, I get the "activation limit reached" error and it suggests I deactivate DW on another computer.  

I do not have access to the other computer and I know that DW was no longer installed on it.

How can I reset my activation limit so my CS6 app will work again?  Is there some effective way to get help for this because there I can find no option anywhere to reset the count.

Thanks for your attention

Steve 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

@nicka27632290 

things have changed in the last week: adobe support will no longer reset activation counts. ie, you should have done this last month.

now it doesn't matter what kind of license you have.  resetting your activation count can only be done if you have access to your computer (s) that have activated versions, or in some circumstances via your adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

unfortunately, yes.

now your only two options are to

1. use the computers (if they exist and still run) with the activations and open an app > click help > deactivate

2. if you purchased from or registered with adobe AND recall the user id used when purchasing/registering, go to your account (https://account.adobe.com) and click plans and payment > activated devices > deactivate from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.  I did get on to the chat - the first agent did not seem to be able to successfully reset the count - so he transferred to a 2nd agent who did. 

Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The further Adobe is from serial number programs being the only way to do things, the fewer chat agents know anything about old programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, today, I ran into the same problem. I upgraded my old computer without deinstalling PS6. Now I wanted to install it again and I ran into the activation problem. A few years ago, there was a chat assistant. But now, when I click on chat, no window opens up. Only the support page. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com....

p.p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

I want to perform an activation count reset for my CS6 licenses which are on the LWS. When I follow the instructions in your post, having signed in to my account on the LWS, as soon as I type Agent i get a message saying "To continue with agent assistance, please sign in with an active plan. I found no record of an active plan linked to (NICK@........)

Any idea how I get round this please?

Thanks Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicka27632290 

try twitter/x though you may not be eligible for a reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad

Thanks for your suggestion - I am intrigued by your comment that I may not be eligible for a reset as I did finally manage to get through to an agent and after being passed around to several agents the last one said "there Is no option to reset the activation count for the volume license". Is that what you meant by maybe not being eligible - is there a different activation process for retail and volume licenses? As some of my macs have been accidentally wiped over the years without first deactivating CS6, I don't have full access to my 5 CS6 user volume licenses (1 x 3-user Design standard and 1 x 2-user Design premium) . On two macs deactivate was possible - on three others it was greyed out. I then deactivated one of the two where it was possible last week and uninstalled - but then when I then installed on a newer machine (which i first cleaned with adobe cc cleaner tool to make sure it had no past Adobe content) I got the couldn't connect issue and had to generate a request code etc and when it did install and able to be used, deactivate was greyed out which make me think the deactivation didn't register. Perhaps you could please enlighten me as to why this greying out of deactivate happens and how I might recover my ability to use my 5 licenses properly? Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this, Adobe will no longer reset the CS6 activation count
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/activating-adobe-cs6-design-standard/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John and kglad.

So that was what they meant ☹️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unfortunately, yes.

now your only two options are to

1. use the computers (if they exist and still run) with the activations and open an app > click help > deactivate

2. if you purchased from or registered with adobe AND recall the user id used when purchasing/registering, go to your account (https://account.adobe.com) and click plans and payment > activated devices > deactivate from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicka27632290 

things have changed in the last week: adobe support will no longer reset activation counts. ie, you should have done this last month.

now it doesn't matter what kind of license you have.  resetting your activation count can only be done if you have access to your computer (s) that have activated versions, or in some circumstances via your adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines