• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 compatibility with 2017 imac

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iApple 27" iMac (Retina 5K, Mid 2017) 4.2GHz Core i7 1TB SSD 64GB A1419 MNED2LL/A-BTO

I realize that this discussion has been touched on, but I'm not getting the answer I'm hoping to find.

Believe it or not I've been doing graphic design work using CS6 on a 2011 macbook pro running OS El Capitan. The machine recently went down for good and I am looking at the above system as a replacement. At this time I need to continue using CS6. I want to make the investment in a good machine and when work picks up I may switch to Creative Cloud. 

Question is can I use the above machine with CS6 using OS El Capitan (maybe Sierra)? Is it really about the operating system more than the machine?

Also could I clone my old machine with El Capitan to the new machine above? 

I understand Creative Cloud would be the best option, but I have to presently stick with CS6.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look on the right side https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

>could I clone my old machine with El Capitan to the new machine

Generally, no... installing creates hidden registration files that "most" cloning software does not capture

IF your cloning program captures ALL INFORMATION on the drive, you should be OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, I'm just confused by your link. I'm not using Premiere Pro. I'm using the CS6 standard suite- Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign.

Thank you though on the cloning information. Do you have another suggestion then? Can I purchase this machine and do a clean installation with OS that's compatible with CS6? 

I'm not a very technical person so this is a learning experience for me. Will the machine(hardware) prevent me from installing the OS either El Capitan or Sierra that is compatible with CS6 and have it work?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>confused by your link

It doesn't matter that you aren't using PPro... the requirements are the same for all CS6 programs

You need to ask Apple which operating system may be installed on the Mac you want to buy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original operation guarantee of CS6 is up to 10.9.
Therefore, operation is not guaranteed even in 10.11.

Only the pre-installed and later OS can be installed on the Mac.
The 2017 model of the iMac will be 10.12 at the oldest and 10.13 if the newer.
You cannot be sure to install 10.11 or lower.
10.13 earlier OS are already end of supported by Apple.

In any case, the updater has already been discontinued for CS6.
Therefore, most applications will not receive updates when installed from now on.

Apart from compatibility, Apple's OS itself will drop support in a very short period of time.
Therefore, the application cannot be used for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it IS about the system. But cloning won't work; reinstall with the disks and serial number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. I have a download link and serial. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines