• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Compatibility with Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the entire adobe CS6 suite and I really need to update my computer but I'm afraid my adobe software will stop working. I've seen where the cloud apps are compatible, but I haven't seen where this question is answered yet. Can someone please answer this question as Adobe support is impossible to connect with.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL permissions... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so... at my own risk is what you are telling me if i'm reading that correctly right? Because CS6 is not considered a current product. I really don't want to play russian roulette with $2000 software. I'm not paying $30 a month for cloud services. I have licensed software. For whatever reason, windows won't update my virus software anymore. Probably because they want me to upgrade my stupid software. And if I do that, I potentially lose my entire Adobe suite that I paid for. If I don't... my whole computer is at risk. Seems fair. All I want is a straight answer from Adobe... will it work? My software isn't THAT old. It should still be supported. It's not like I'm still running photoshop 5.5 and want to keep it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's word on CS6 is at Creative Cloud now includes Creative Suite Master Collection and Design Premium features "CS6 is almost three years old, and Adobe has no plans to update it. Ever."

So, yes, what I said is correct... go to Win10 at YOUR risk of having problems... Adobe no longer supports CS6 and the only help you will get is here in the forums... and since nobody here can update CS6, that help really won't be much

The "tenforums" link I posted does what I said... works for some, not for others

As far as anti-virus, I use Win8.1 and Norton works well... if you use Microsoft's own anti-virus solution you may need to swtich

Microsoft does not support their OWN old software on new operating systems... I had to stop using MS Office 97 and buy a newer MS Office when I moved from WinXP to Win7

Stick with Win8.1 or run the risk of CS6 not working properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John. I'll get different virus software. I think I missed the boat on windows 8. I'm running windows 7 professional. I hate upgrading windows. LOL. I stayed on XP forever. I don't mind Windows 10. I downloaded it on my laptops, but still reverted to windows 7 screens. I appreciate an honest answer. I'll just buy different virus protection for my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft is still providing security updates for Win7, so upgrading to Win10 is your choice, not an absolute requirement (as much as Microsoft continues to try and push everyone onto Win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My final note about CS6 and Win10

I use Encore CS6 to create DVD's to share with family... which works on MY hardware, listed below

Which is, of course, no guarantee that Encore or any other CS6 program will work on your computer

Homebuilt July 2014

ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 motherboard

Intel Core i7-4930K CPU - NOT over clocked

Graphics MSI GTX 760 nVidia driver 388.13

Win 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.195

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think any of the CS6 software will work on Win10. I had a version of CC 214 that didn't work on my Win10 system at all.
Just make a virtual OS running Win 7 to continue using the CS6 software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Premiere Pro CS6 on my Win 10 machine with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your reply is interesting. I just installed cs6 ms and Premiere on W10 is showing only half or presets available in W7. Any hint ? Someone said that W10 suppressed VC redistributable and former Framework.net and that this was the reason why cs6 did not work. Is there some turnaround to prevent W10 to do this malicious operation, something similar to blocking internet access for a software in Win Firewall ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cs4 and If I change the date to 2007 I can open every program I want to use and then reset the date to 2018.

It works well if I don't close the programs or the computer.

I only use ESET anti-everything but remember to set the clock back. Othervise it wont update the virus database 10 - 20 times a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is NOT supported under Windows 10. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. Windows 10 has been updated numerous times since its release. It’s impossible to answer whether it will work for you.

I will caution you that someone, somewhere will assure you that it will be fine. The only thing you need to know is what I’ve told you and that you will be on your own if you try to run CS6 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to have two hard drives on my PC, one running Win 7 for older apps.  The other drive has Win 10   I have run Photoshop CS6 on Win 8.1 with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to push Win10 64bit from Win7 64bit at work & found that Photoshop & Illustrator CS6 worked in 64bit FINE, however InDesign CS6 did not (AT ALL).  Went in and ran it as "Administrator" and ALL IS working in that mode.

Slainte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t count on that continuing. I hope you have a plan b.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines