Highlighted

CS6 Hi Resolution Screen User Interface Problems

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop which has a native resolutions of 3200 x 1800. When I install the CS6 suite on this laptop, the user interfaces are too small to be seen.

Here are some screen shots. Oddly enough, inDesign is the only application that looks proper.

Photoshop

Photoshop-cs6.jpg

Illustrator

Illustrator-cs6.jpg

Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver-cs6.jpg

InDesign

inDesign-cs6.jpg

I've tried to find a solution to this but I can only come up with "Retina" based fixes... Have you guys made these fixes for PC users?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

CS6 doesn't have any high-DPI support on Windows.

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CS6 Hi Resolution Screen User Interface Problems

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop which has a native resolutions of 3200 x 1800. When I install the CS6 suite on this laptop, the user interfaces are too small to be seen.

Here are some screen shots. Oddly enough, inDesign is the only application that looks proper.

Photoshop

Photoshop-cs6.jpg

Illustrator

Illustrator-cs6.jpg

Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver-cs6.jpg

InDesign

inDesign-cs6.jpg

I've tried to find a solution to this but I can only come up with "Retina" based fixes... Have you guys made these fixes for PC users?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the case? I have just bought my new Vaio with a  hidpi screen output

• 2880 x 1620 and my PS Elements is now useless as i cant see the toolbars/menus?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Darrensplace Creative Suite 6 has not received any additional updates to add this feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this problem still unresolved?  I have the same issue, and it seems incredible that Adobe will not fix it with an update.  They have fixed it in their Creative Cloud suite, but why should I pay 19.99 a month when I already shelled out big bucks for the program?  Does anyone know a get-around solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem using a Dell XPS 15 with 3200x1800 and Win8.1.

Mainly I work with Premiere Pro CS6 and CC. The scaling disaster arises in both cases.

I tried to contact Adobe but didn' receive an answer yet.

Best regards from Germany

Mike Wilken

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Adobe fixed the problem for Apple products, but has no intention whatsoever to fix Windows for CS6.  They are forcing people to purchase CC. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy a new computer with high resolution, you better think about Apple or wonder if you really want to spend more money on Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same computer and have patiently waited for the fix.... what a waste of time!!! This is absolutely incredible that a company that wants to compete in the graphic software market will not support resolutions which are rapidly becoming the standard... ADOBE your non-support is an absolute disgrace to your customers that spend money on your software....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobebigger.jpg

1. Press  Windows Button + R, type “regedit”, and then click OK.
  2. Navigate to the following registry subkey:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide
  3. Right-click, select NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value
  4. Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.
  6. Enter Value Data 1 and select Decimal.
  7. Click OK. Exit Registry Editor.

download and replace this file in the same directory as your executable. All of the ones listed above are are in pretty straight forward locations like

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe or C:\Program Files\Adobe

http://www.danantonielli.com/wp-content/uploads/manifestfiles/photoshop.exe.manifest

http://www.danantonielli.com/wp-content/uploads/manifestfiles/fireworks.exe.manifest

http://www.danantonielli.com/wp-content/uploads/manifestfiles/illustrator.exe.manifest

http://www.danantonielli.com/wp-content/uploads/manifestfiles/dreamweaver.exe.manifest http://www.danantonielli.com/wp-content/uploads/manifestfiles/illustrator.exe.manifest

br

janus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines