• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - MSVCR100.dll was not found

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today In-Design CS6 would not start - MSVCR100.dll was not found. On restating computer the CS6ServiceManager could not start-System Error with same file not being found.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Hi roberta,

If I get your query correctly , while launching InDesign is giving error "MSVCR100.dll is missing" ?

Please try repairing Microsoft visual C++ 2012, 2013 and 2015

Close InDesign and other Adobe applications.

Go to Control Panel >Programs and Features

Double click Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

programs and features.JPG

it will give you options for repair , click on repair

repair.JPG

do this one by one for

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)

Microsoft Vi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberta,

If I get your query correctly , while launching InDesign is giving error "MSVCR100.dll is missing" ?

Please try repairing Microsoft visual C++ 2012, 2013 and 2015

Close InDesign and other Adobe applications.

Go to Control Panel >Programs and Features

Double click Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

programs and features.JPG

it will give you options for repair , click on repair

repair.JPG

do this one by one for

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)

then go to location

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe and

C:\Users\username\AppData\local\Adobe

and delete in-design folders(this will remove all the preferences and workspaces for Indesign)

then reboot the system , and launch ID from CC

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct - while launching, InDesign is giving error "MSVCR100.dll is missing"

Your answer must be out of date - all the links give messages that the downloads are no longer available.

Please check your suggestions before posting - PROBLEM NOT FIXED.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running on Windows 10 - is this the cause of the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is NOT supported under Windows 10. Many people run it successfully but some don't. There is simply no magic formula to get it to work properly but I have noticed some similarities in the past.

Is that machine a new computer that came with Windows 10?

Was it upgraded from an earlier version of Windows? Which one?

As already pointed out, this may not be an InDesign issue at all. However, have you tried uninstall/reinstall? If not, try it but use the CC Cleaner Tool after uninstall to make sure it's completely cleaned out. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a really big problem to google for vcredist_x86.exe / vcredist_x64.exe (is your Win10 32 or 64-bit?) and find good working links from microsoft yourself? It takes just a couple of seconds...

The query "MSVCR100.dll is missing" is giving a bunch of explanations and possible solutions, too.

This is a known problem (it happens), and most of the time not related exclusively to InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberta,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have changed the steps little bit, Please check.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No good,

I followed these steps and it made no difference,

Same error message - have tried to reinstall - went thru the codes and logging OK. Verified OK. Download started and at 2% and that says "Your installation encountered errors" the error summery link goes to File not Found page.

I was running CS6 on my old computer for several years and the upgrade to Windows 10 made no difference, CS6 continued working well. I upgraded to this ASUS computer with installed Windows 10 in Oct 2016, downloaded the CS6 files, enter code etc, and away it went, working well until last Friday 2 June when I went to open the program - Can't find file MSVCR100.dll

To attempt the re-install, I had to uninstall InDesign, so now I am stuck. Please help with installing CS6 InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberta,

Please try these steps.

missing msvcp100.dll error message

Resolve "missing msvcp110.dll file" error

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally useless advice - the first link is for Windows 7 and even trying the suggested fix, it did not do anything. I need a fix for Windows 10.

I tried to reinstall In-Design, needing to uninstall the previous version, and installation fails - I get thru code and authorisation then download starts, gets to 3% and error message comes up. Now I don't even have the program installed!!!

Second suggestion says to upgrade to latest Creative Cloud version - I now have only limited use for In-Design, and it is not economic to pay a monthly subscription. CS6 was working fine and was more than I need from my limited use.

So I have stopped stressing , given up and got on with my life.

Not happy with Adobe lack of support for customers!!!

Am I the only one that this has happened to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not and never has been supported under Windows 10. This was already pointed out but you have conveniently ignored it. No software company supports old versions forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberta,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. I am moving this thread to installation forums.

moving to  Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - Unanswered Question Dashboard​

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive a recent Windows 10 update?  You might want to check your logs to see when the last update came in and if it coincides with the problems you're having now with InDesign.

If it turns out your Win update created all this chaos, you might want to restore your computer to a point prior to that Win10 update.  Or check the Microsoft web site for possible solutions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue and this fix worked for me. 

I believe it was caused due to moving my c drive to another ssd (which im guessing messed up something) 

But yeah, repaired all the ms visuals and cleared the appdatas and walla after 4 hours this fix worked!

Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines