Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 on Big Sur... can’t run or uninstall

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Been running CS6 on a Mac since 2017 without issue. Haven't been upgrading the OS but today made the upgrade to Big Sur and now encountering issues with CS6. Therefore I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to get CS6 working on Big Sur?

2. If the answer to Q1 is that there is no way (which is what I'm expecting), then how do I uninstall CS6 prior to buying CC. The uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers gives an error on launch saying that the application vendor needs to update the program to run on this OS. So it seems like I'm kind of stuck. Can't run the apps and can't uninstall them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

It won't run on Big Sur as 32 bit applications were discontinued in Catalina itself. For uninstallation try the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't run on Big Sur as 32 bit applications were discontinued in Catalina itself. For uninstallation try the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, CS3 will not allow me to uninstall because it's 32bit, the Creative Cloud Tool does nothing. Just shows this after running:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work for me so the answer given is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the answer was right for that question about CS6. You have a new question, about CS3. I think it's impossibly ambitious to hope Adobe wrote a way to uninstall 14 year old apps from Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines