• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 on Catalina?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking to upgrade my macbook to Catalina OS. I am aware that 32-bit Adobe programs will not work, but that 64-bit programs will. With that said, as the process started, I got a warning that my Adobe Illustrator CS-6 will no longer work with the upgrade. But Illustrator CS-6 is 64-bit so now I'm super confused. And I definitely don't want to lose Illustrator. Has anyone gone through the upgrade and been fine?  [Link removed as per forum guidelilnes.]

[Edited by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Account, Payment & Plan to Download & Install.]

CS6 is nearly a decade old now.  The installers and utilities are 32-bit.  So it won't install much less run on Catalina or Big Sur architecture.  Too much has changed.  Sorry. 

You could buy an old used Mac and dedicate it to CS6 legacy software.  Or you can pony up for new software, your choice. 

Creative Cloud is by subscription only -- either month-to-month for $32/mo which you can cancel anytime or annually which is $21/month for 12 months.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Your other option is to use modern software from a competitor like Sketch, CorelDRAW, Affinity Designer or Inkscape.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not legally sold by any vendor, retailer or in any country now.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina changed LOTS of things and was designed to block all apps older than 2019. 64-bit is just the easiest and simplest to explain. If you want a new system, you will need to budget for all new apps. It's part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. but this time I have enough budget to perform this action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's important to keep your system, hardware and apps from the same "generation". If you try to mix old apps and new systems, or new apps and old systems, you may have terrible problems. (In this case, so terrible, they don't mix at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines